Crossroads United Methodist Church in Ashburn, VA is one of the most innovative local churches in the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Great opportunities are present in this community as we are located in the wealthiest county in the country, home of high-tech businesses, government contracting and globally influential leaders.
We are searching for a gifted musician who is passionate about inspiring people to engage in Worship that is transformational, and leads to a vibrant practice of 21stcentury faith as followers of Jesus.
Build and nurture both spiritually and musically teams of musicians – instrumentalists and vocalists - to lead music in worship Sunday to Sunday.
Discernment Team Worship Planning Team All Staff
10 per week
- Affirm and align with the Crossroads UMC theological statement and lead toward the vision with authenticity and integrity.
- Three years plus of experience leading successful instrumental and vocal teams in both a contemporary and traditional worship setting.
- Creative and demonstrate excellent musicianship. Competencies required across a variety of musical styles including, but not limited to, traditional, contemporary, classical, gospel music.
- Possess ability and willingness to work with a wide variety of people across all ages.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate musicians with an ongoing positive attitude, grace and humility and a sense of joy.
- A strong team player willing to collaborate with other staff members, teams and the people of the Crossroads community.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated individual.
- Professional level keyboard player (preferred) or guitarist with experience leading vocal music.
- Experienced in writing, arranging and musical notation.
- Able to produce and direct special events, concerts and other programs.
- Experience in the technical aspects of contemporary worship will be helpful: such as sound, lighting, video, etc.
- Ability to lead worship with professional stage presence and demeanor while also leading from the heart.
- Provide spiritual support and leadership within the overall area of worship music ministry.
- Meet weekly with the Vision 2020 Director and Pastor to align vision and clear direction of worship music teams.
- Work with the Vision 2020 Director to select, plan, coordinate and arrange music for Crossroads worship gatherings.
- Engage in ongoing mobilization of team members, training, equipping and empowering teams of instrumental musicians and vocalists.
- Recruit and develop new teams/choirs as is necessary.
- Work to develop teams and team leaders within the music ministry.
- Participate with the worship design team in the creative planning of all gatherings including special seasonal gatherings such as, but not limited to Christmas Eve, Ash Wednesday, Holy Week and Easter worship gatherings.
- Oversee the scheduling of Schedule all musicians and singers.
- Provide structured leadership at rehearsals.
- Coordinate with and support the children’s choir director.
- Engage in outreach events within and outside of the community as appropriate.
- Maintain all records, music library and copyrights for the worship ministry.
- Participate in the life and ministry of Crossroads UMC beyond the worship and music ministries.
Please visit http://www.everydaylifewithgod.org/vision to read our theological statement.
Find a detailed job description at http://www.everydaylifewithgod.org/employment
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
The Director of MusicFirst Baptist Church
- Staunton, Virginia
- September 22