The Director of Worship, a servant-leader, is called to develop and lead the disciples of St. Peter’s to the heart of God in and through relevant worship. In partnership with the senior pastor and other team members, the Director will cast vision, plan,
and implement all worship services to help the body of Christ fulfill our Purpose, “for the transformation of lives and the growth of God’s Kingdom”. The Director will actively engage with GenX and Millenials. The Director will care for and manage the Worship
Ministry staff. The Director serves as a member of St. Peter’s Ministry Leadership Team in developing strategies and management of the overall success of our ministry.
- To be rooted in Christ, cultivate loving relationships and reflect Jesus in all aspects of life.
- To daily live out our Core Values
- In partnership with the Senior Pastor and Executive Director, responsible for creating and overseeing a multiyear worship strategy (vision, design, and implementation) to help fulfill the Purpose of this congregation
- Provide servant-leadership and management for the Worship Ministry staff
- Recruit, develop and support New Song worship teams to grow as disciples and enhance the worship experience
- Actively engaged and understands the needs of GenX and Millennials
- Serving the Senior Pastor and Executive Director, oversees the planning and implementation of all worship services. The primary musical/worship leader for the New Song worship services.
- Provide leadership in preparing an annual budget proposal and ongoing management of budget expenditures
- Provide musical support for school, special services and oversee the junior high praise band
- Provide leadership and oversight for sound, visual, lighting, recording, radio broadcasts/podcasts/ YouTube sermon videos, etc.
- Excellent musicianship skills
- Ability to identify, motivate, and equip ministry partners with a giftedness for this ministry
- Proficient in social media applications and MS Office/Google software
- Strong communication (both written/verbal and interpersonal) skills
- Competency with recording software, notation software, and ProPresenter 5
- Management skills
- Loves the Lord and others, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Bachelors Degree
- 3 year experience in leading worship and music/worship teams
- 2 years management experience (preferred)
- Physical Demands: High physical engagement with youth and adults
- Member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church
- Travel Requirements: Ability and willingness to travel, domestically and internationally as required.
- Member of the Ministry Leadership Team - integrated team of core ministry directors.
- Lead for the Worship Ministry Team - part and full time staff
Director will report to the Executive Director of Ministries