Berean Baptist Church
Children’s Ministry Director
Berean Baptist Church is on mission to see our lives, our community, and our world transformed by the power of the gospel. The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for overseeing the Children’s Ministry (ages birth – 4th grade) by creatively and effectively
implementing the church’s vision to children and families. They are to lead, develop and equip a team of staff and volunteers to ensure excellence in a safe and engaging environment for kids that is gospel-centered and family-oriented. This is a full-time
salaried position which reports to the Family Ministries Pastor.
• Provides oversight of children’s ministry staff and volunteers.
• Provides vision for the ministry.
• Recruit, train, and support volunteer workers.
• Maintain a high level of ministry excellence.
• Look for ways to take the ministry to new levels and lead that change.
• Oversee annual Vacation Bible School.
• Lead team of volunteers and staff to provide ministry to children with special needs.
• Oversee and administer ministry budget.
• Oversee and lead change to multi-site model for Children’s Ministry.
• Perform other duties the Family Pastor requests.
• Personal relationship with Jesus Christ
• Evidence of growing maturity as a disciple of Christ
• Agreement with Berean Baptist Church statement of faith
• Committed to attendance and membership at Berean Baptist Church
• Experience as a spiritual leader within the local church.
• Experience in a large Children’s Ministry.
• Organized and structured leadership style.
• Able to work hands-on with kids, volunteers, and parents.
• Team player who can work well with others.
• Strong management skills and ability to communicate and delegate action steps to team members.