The Gathering is a non-denominational church in Centerville, Ohio (part of the metro-Dayton area). We launched in 2006 as a comfortable and non-threatening place for people to explore their relationship with God. We are a Christ-centered ministry, warmly
embracing every individual and actively demonstrating the love of Christ.
We are building a children's ministry which causes parents to say, "I love my church because my church loves my children."
Our ministry is currently led by a talented and committed group of volunteers, and we are ready to grow our ministry by hiring an energetic and intentional team leader. The leader of our children’s ministry team will invest in the spiritual growth of The
Gathering's children by partnering with parents and equipping volunteers. The leader's relationships with children, parents and volunteers will be the key to success in this position.
This person will:
- Focus on Jesus in every area of life and ministry.
- Welcome all children with a warm embrace.
- Model a servant’s heart, actively demonstrating love to all.
- Develop a safe, engaging and creative environment for our children's ministry.
- Align our ministry by maintaining cohesiveness among all age groups within the ministry.
- Nurture authentic relationships with and among the families of The Gathering.
- Communicate regularly with parents and volunteers regarding vision, programs and upcoming events.
- Familiarity with ORANGE and a willingness to utilize First Look and 252 Basics are a plus.
Centerville, Ohio is unique in the array of cultural, artistic and entertainment activities that are offered to the community throughout the year. The excellent school system boasts noted national achievements in both academic and athletic endeavors. The
Centerville-Washington park district and Centerville-Washington library facilities provide for an enhanced lifestyle truly unique for a community of this size.
Whether you drive the tree-lined streets and boulevards, enjoy the parks and historic preservation district or play a round of golf at the Golf Club at Yankee Trace, you will feel and develop a sense of what makes our community attractive, unique and a place
you will want to call home.
Although this is currently a part-time position, we would be excited to discuss full-time opportunities if you have significant ministry leadership experience. To read the official job description for this position, please visit: