The Director of Communications will oversee the entire communications effort, internal and external, championing CUMC’s vision. The Director of Communications is an integral member of the Senior Staff team reporting to the Director of Operations and is involved
in determining how the CUMC vision is messaged and communicated. The ability to organize, prioritize and manage a wide range of tasks and work effectively with key stakeholders is critical to success in this position.
•Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance CUMC’s brand identity and broaden awareness of its programs.
• Work with Senior Staff team and ministry area leaders to participate in strategic visioning for the church, while recognizing internal and external communications opportunities and solutions, and defining and executing appropriate strategies to support
• Conceptualize, develop, and execute marketing needs from start to finish for all ministry areas in a fast-paced, changing environment, managing a multitude of projects on a daily basis. These projects change from day-to-day, season-to-season, with various
audiences and include print, web and social media.
• Oversee the management and performance of the CUMC website. Must have experience in SEO and website analytics.
• Lead the effort to design all art and promotional materials with a high standard of creativity, excellence, and effectiveness. This will include networking with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
• Execute strategic social media and digital initiatives, integrating social media into overall marketing strategy.
• Engage, cultivate and manage press relationships to ensure coverage of CUMC’s programs, special events, announcements, and other key projects.
• Communicate via email marketing, analyzing open rates and segmenting audiences.
• Manage 3 employees: Communications Manager, Website Manager, Graphic Designer
• Develop volunteer teams as necessary to accomplish communications goals.
•Degree in marketing, communications, or related field.
•Demonstrated experience and leadership in the development and implementation of a comprehensive strategic communications and marketing program to advance an organization’s missions and goals.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail. Must exhibit the ability to naturally connect with people both face-to-face and digitally.
• Able to meet several deadlines per day/week. Responsive, accountable and able to prioritize a large amount of work with little or no direction.
• Creative to-the-point copyrighting a must. Must be able to write for several platforms: website, email blasts, social media posts, print communications, signage and traditional mailings.
• Creative, organized and flexible
• Proficient with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Mac and PC operating systems