Are you called to serve in New York City?
The Journey is a young, aggressive, outwardly-focused church in New York City. The position of full-time Pastor of Ministry/Assimilation & Teaching Pastor is currently available at our Manhattan campus.
The Journey consistently has over 1,000 adults attending weekend services, over 1,100 in groups and expects continued growth.
We are looking for a young, aggressive person who is ready to live in NYC, work hard, grow as a pastor and leader in this important role on our staff and make a tremendous difference for Jesus Christ in one of the most important cities in the world!
Do you have a teaching gift and a desire to develop that gift and communicate in both large (Sundays) and medium-sized (Membership Class, etc.) settings?
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Do you believe that every believer has spiritual gifts that could serve the church and are you passionate about seeing people mobilized to serve the church and God's kingdom?
Can you work with our team to increase the number of people serving in ministry, improve our care/follow-up to new believers and create systems that see ever more people taking the step to be baptized and becoming members of the church?
Do you enjoy recruiting volunteers and working with them to create a great environment on Sundays for everyone who attends - especially first time guests?
Are you passionate about follow-up and seeing people assimilated into the church (from first-time guests to fully developed followers of Jesus)?
Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
Do you have a high view of ministry and of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping and teaching position to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of The Journey’s ministry and volunteer systems - with the goal of getting 50% of Sunday attendance involved in meaningful ministry on a weekly basis.
- Leading The Journey's Assimilation System in moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members. This includes the Sunday experience, follow-up to first time guests and next step decisions, new believer follow-up and care, leading people to take the step of baptism and then to attend Membership Class and beyond.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively, to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate and to communicate/teach.
- The ability to teach on Sundays at least 6 times a year, host from stage (welcome, announcements, etc.) regularly, lead members classes monthly and contribute to The Journey's teaching team on a weekly basis. Requires the commitment to grow and develop as a communicator as a part of The Journey’s teaching team.
- The ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- Must be extremely hard-working and bring a lot of energy and enthusiasm to the table.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker (seminary not required).
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- Familiarity with Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy's book "Fusion."
- The ability to manage a large and growing Ministry & Volunteer System
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability and desire to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for helping people take spiritual next steps
- A desire to not let anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read the book “Fusion: Turning First Time Guests into Fully Engaged Members of Your Church” by Journey Lead Pastor Nelson Searcy?
(3) Why you would feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) And what about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
St. Mark's Lutheran Church - Director of High School Ministries/Worship LeaderVanderbloemen Search Group
- Cedar Rapids/Marion, Iowa
- January 13
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Scottsdale Bible Church - Student Ministry PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- January 13