Technical Arts Director - Topeka Bible Church - Topeka, Kansas
Topeka Bible Church is looking for a full-time Technical Arts Director to lead our technical production teams (audio, video, lighting, stage set-up, set design) This person will assist the Worship Arts Director, who oversees all creative, technical
production, media, music, and our annual outreach Light Show production. The purpose of this position is to technically support the Worship ministry at Topeka Bible Church.
About Topeka Bible Church:
Topeka Bible Church is a church of about 1400 in attendance each Sunday. We have a unique five service set-up with two auditoriums on the same campus. TBC offers a contemporary worship style where we strive to offer a different, fresh, creative
approach to worship each week. Our mission is “To lead people to life in Christ.”
Mulvane Auditorium: Seats 500-550
College Avenue Auditorium: Seats 450 (New Auditorium Opened August 2014)
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND ABILITIES
1. Develop and execute a clear yearly calendar for all training/equipping of tech volunteers for all TBC services and events in collaboration with the Worship Arts Director.
2. Manage all installs and the preventative maintenance of AVL equipment at TBC.
3. Operate tech equipment as assigned by the Worship Arts Director for various events/ministries throughout the week (including but not limited to Worship rehearsals, Bible Studies, TBC events, Weddings/Funerals, Awana, Staff Meetings, etc.).
4. Cross train on all IMAG equipment for any Sunday programming/production needs and events outside of Sunday mornings. Program lights, sequence and set-up ProPresenter, and run sound as needed.
5. Quickly identify problems and make “on the spot” appropriate fixes (short term solutions); evaluate, diagnose and make proper repairs/replacement for equipment on an ongoing basis (long term solutions) in collaboration with the Worship Arts
6. Engage in weekly Creative Team meetings, and one on one meetings with Worship Arts Director.
7. Commit to personal evangelism; participate in/support church-wide initiatives
8. Manage the technical arts budget in collaboration with Worship Arts Director.
9. Continually recruit and train to develop in modern media.
10. Schedule volunteers using Planning Center Online for tech service roles, organize, inventory, order/manage technical equipment, set-up/tear-down stage(s) for rehearsals, services and events.
11. Ability to work with Mac OS, ProPresenter, Planning Center Online, Jands Vista Byron
12. Maintain all other campus tech systems and provide Sunday support as available.
Spiritually growing leader of technology and people
Master of leveraging resources
Trustworthy and dependable
Teacher, dedicated to training others
Willing to support/assist
Listen carefully, respond quickly/efficiently
Problem solver- can-do attitude
Dedicated to our Church mission “leading people to life in Christ”
Value people over the tools we use
Relationship with Jesus Christ
Strong work-ethic and time management
Detail-oriented excellence in production execution
Able to lift moderate to heavy equipment
Relational - Ability to recruit and manage volunteers and build into their lives
Strong Audio, video, lighting skills
Advanced computer skills/knowledge
Sense of calling for this position
Experience and Education (or equivalent experience)
- Degree in production (audio/video) preferred
- Experience in a professional technical/production setting
- Experience as a church volunteer in the area of tech ministry
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Worship Arts Director: Jeremiah Devine email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Topeka Bible Church at www.discovertbc.com