North Ridge Church Job Description
|Lead Worship Pastor
Full Time, Executive Staff (40+ hours/week)
Note: Don't send resume's through without video links, attachements, or sites of you leading worship.
North Ridge Church (NRC) Mission
To relationally love people to Christ-centered wholeness.
Position Summary: The Lead Worship Pastor will provide spiritual leadership for North Ridge Church services through the gift of music and prayer, sharing of the Word of God and news of Jesus Christ through song, multi-media
and visual art to help the congregation and community understand and experience the love of Christ and develop a strong foundation in faith.
- 1. Leadership and Visioning
- Provide leadership and visioning of the Worship ministry by providing oversight in developing and refining NRC’s worship services and special events.
- Annually establish 3-5 key ministry goals that align with the vision and mission.
- Develop and implement plans to achieve specific ministry goals.
- Lead worship, praise, play, pray and sing for worship services and special events.
- Collaborate with NRC team on stage design and service planning.
2. Teamwork and Equipping
- In conjunction with the respective teams, prayerfully recruit worship team leaders, members, volunteers, and/or special music guests for church gatherings, special events and community outreach.
- Coordinate the worship team schedule. Lead worship team rehearsals and pre-service tech checks.
- Select and distribute weekly worship song selections to worship team. Arrange songs in such a manner as to promote heart-felt worship.
- Introduce new songs to worship team and congregation.
- Recruit, train, equip and direct a creative arts team for church services and special events.
- Ensure computer video projection and sound system equipment is updated, maintained and prepared for church services and special events.
- Manage and oversee sound, lighting and multi-media technicians, staying abreast of new technologies and maintenance of the sound, lighting and multi-media systems.
- Integrate and collaborate with respective ministries (Children’s, Youth, Seniors, Connections, etc.) as needed, to effectively communicate, plan, coordinate and develop ministry plans.
- To provide administrative oversight, coordination and execution of the worship ministry and regularly communicate with congregation, church leaders and volunteers.
- Maintain, update and inventory music, supplies and equipment annually. Purchase and maintain all church-owned instruments.
- Develop and execute worship training programs.
- Provide financial oversight and operation of the Worship Ministry, including but not limited to, sound system, worship equipment, training materials, music, videos, and worship conferences.
- Develop an annual budget for the entire worship ministry.
- Attend staff and leadership meetings, as requested.
- Mentor, counsel and guide others.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
4. Spiritual Development
- To provide a strong, biblical approach to the spiritual development of our congregation and community.
- Develop musical leaders and co-leaders in spiritual ways – of all ages.
Qualifications & Skills Required:
- Possess a heart for worshipping God.
- Ability to lead others in worship.
- Ability to read music and technically lead a worship a team through music.
- Have demonstrated an above average ability to sing, and play one or more musical instruments.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be a teachable and contributing team member.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and potentially stressful environment.
- Ability to be a problem-solver and self-starter.
- Ability to execute and proactively plan for upcoming services and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree and ministerial credentials required.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Lead Worship Pastor.
- Minimum of 3 years in multi-media and/or creative arts design.
- Currently active in ministry.
- Ability to interact with all generations.
- Must exhibit positive, friendly and sincere interactions.
- Must be able to lift and move equipment, up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods up to 2 hours.