Compass is an energetic church committed to moving people in God’s direction – whether someone has been a Christian for 30 years, 3 minutes or is far from God. We uncompromisingly teach God’s Word, unapologetically worship our Lord and “do life” together
in community. And while 50% of the people who attend Compass don’t have any church background and are still trying to figure out God, Jesus and faith, they come because they appreciate an environment that welcomes them and answers their questions without
judgment or arrogance.
We are currently seeking a full time Children’s Pastor to join our ministry team. The Children’s Pastor prayerfully leads our Kids Depot ministry (infants to 5th grade) by creating environments where kids feel loved and valued, grow in their
knowledge and love for God and our Lord Jesus Christ, and respect and enjoy each other.
The ideal candidate must:
- Recruit, train, lead, support and encourage a team of Compass Kids volunteer teachers and helpers who love working together to establish meaningful relationships with the kids.
- Ensure each classroom has a prepared lead teacher and the appropriate number of assistants who are on time and eager to give their best effort.
- Ensure the safety of each child by establishing clear ministry policies and by completing background and reference checks for all teachers and assistants.
- Select the appropriate curriculum, activities and crafts that engage kids and compel them to return.
- Develop a ministry plan that details the education and experiences that each child will receive as they go through the Compass Kids ministry.
- Develop and implement a “care” strategy for contacting and encouraging each child.
- Perform ongoing evaluations of ministry effectiveness and operations (check-in procedures, teaching, enthusiasm, parent’s involvement, attendance, security, communications) and implement improvements.
- Produce top quality communications to provide parents and kids with timely and appropriate information about ministries, events and camps.
Compass is located in Bend, Oregon, which is nationally known for our sunshine, hiking, rafting, skiing, mountain-climbing, biking and other outdoor activities. The selected candidate will be joining a staff team that loves to socialize together, encourage
each other, and challenge each other to always give God our best.
To apply for this position:
1. Visit our website at compassbend.com to learn more about the vision and ministries of Compass.
2. Email a current photo and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Provide a link to any video of you leading a children’s program or camp.