Alpharetta First United Methodist Church is a well established downtown church with more than 5,000 members. The Events and Connections Coordinator (ECC) serves as the Facility Scheduler coordinator, ACS administrator, and membership secretary to the Minister of Connections. Serves as the coordinator for all church events, with responsibility for scheduling and coordinating resources as well as creating and tracking event registrations. Also serves as the People Database Administrator, responsible for maintaining the membership database, processing all people entries, changes, additions, and transfers. Assists the Minister of Connections in the follow-up processes for guests and new members.
Examples of Duties
Calendar: The ECC works with the Director of HR and Facilities to assist staff and laity with scheduling resources of space, vehicles, nursery, and other resources related to church and community events hosted by Alpharetta First United Methodist Church. Recommends and creates polices for use of resources, work-flow processes to ensure coordination among appropriate staff, and establish easy-to-use forms and documentation to be used by persons requesting resources/events.
Registrations: The ECC will work with staff and laity as needed to create registrations for classes and events. Coordinates with Communications, Finance, and ministry staff to ensure that all aspects of events and classes have been handled. Once event registrations are completed, creates groups within the ACS database as appropriate, populating the small groups/classes with registrants and assisting with providing rosters for group/event leaders.
Setup Requests: The ECC works with the facilities staff to ensure that rooms are set up appropriately for scheduled events and classes. Works with staff and laity to ensure that appropriate paperwork is completed for each event.
People Database: The ECC will serve as the “gatekeeper” for all of the church people data. Responsible for all additions, changes, deletions, etc. to the people data including newcomers, new members, transfers, change of information, change of address, births, baptisms, and deaths. Works with other staff to put processes in place to ensure that people data remains secure and accurate. Tracks member statistics for church council and conference (Vital Signs). Works with volunteers and staff to ensure that leadership positions, teams, groups, classes, etc. are set up and functioning appropriately. Performs an annual membership audit which will include a list of professing members who have lost contact with the church.
Ensures high quality data in ACS through policy, training, and process.
- Gain consensus across ministries for data standards, document those standards, and, as needed, provide training to individuals on these standards.
- Create and run routine audit reports to ensure data standards are used by staff members. Address issues with individuals to correct noncompliance with standards.
- Create and maintain a data retention policy that is in compliance with the UMC Book of Discipline.
Identifies, plans, coordinates, and implements ACS features to meet AFUMC objectives.
- Identify features within ACS that will help AFUMC meet its’ objectives and establish plans to implement those features.
- Create a master plan for ACS feature implementation that meet the needs of the various ministries and is agreed to by the Director of Technology.
- For new features implemented, ensure adequate training is made available to the staff and volunteers.
ACS Administrator serves as the ACS expert for the staff and volunteers.
- Understands and routinely demonstrates an in depth knowledge of the functional aspects of ACS, Access ACS, and Facility Scheduler.
- Create/edit new and existing user accounts in all ACS modules.
Guest & Member Follow-up: The EEC will work closely with the Minister of Connections to coordinate the follow-up processes for guests, new members, and off-roll members. The ECC sends new member packets, letters and emails as well as transfer letters when necessary. Ensures complete and accurate information is sought for new members, including family and individual photos. Coordinates guest and new member surveys (First Impressions) and delivery of monthly survey results to staff. Delivers data on new members and guests to appropriate staff members and lay leaders.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience
- Excel in Public Relations
- Knowledge of Database processes, protocols, and technical matters
- Work effectively in cross-functional work environment
- Highly organized
- Detail oriented
- Database proficiency, preferably in ACS software or any enterprise software database
- Public Relations experience or customer service experience
- Event Planning experience or experience in scheduling
- Basic office skills
Compensation: The position is a full time salaried position including benefits.
Resume: Please send your resume to Wayne Ledbetter, director of HR and Facilities, at email@example.com by July 31.
No relocation package is available.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorThe Meeting House
- Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- January 23
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Business ManagerGrace Community Church
- Fremont, Ohio
- January 18
Executive PastorThe Worship Place
- Georgetown, Texas
- January 17
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
Alpharetta First United Methodist Church
At Alpharetta First United Methodist Church, we are Christians who are excited to be part of the United Methodist Church. Historically, Methodists are known for our emphasis on a personal faith, lived out in concrete ways in the world. We value well-informed and passionate preaching, lively worship, and small groups where people can grow in faith.More...