Youth and College Director
Job Description: First Baptist Church San Luis Obispo is a church in the heart of the central coast in California. We are a church dedicated to Loving God, Loving His Church, and Loving His world. FBC is experiencing a time of transition and is seeking an experienced leader to lead our Student Ministries which include the youth and college students of FBC. The ministries are both in a time of transition and require a person to come in and lead from a blank slate.
Our Town: San Luis Obispo is college town that was recently named the “Happiest Place in America.” There are very few people who live here that would dispute that claim. That makes San Luis Obispo (SLO) a great place to live, but can also make it a challenging place to do ministry. The right person for this job will have a “start-up” mentality. We are looking for someone who has experience starting a ministry and leading it to a place where it thrives. The youth department has a committed core, while the college ministry is open for a new vision and direction.
A. Core Values
- Have an authentic, strong, and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Live a life that reflects a persistent pursuit of a Godly character.
- Genuine love for youth and college students and their families.
- Desire to spread the gospel to students.
- Ability to motivate students to a deeper relationship with God.
- Genuine love for the gospel and the authority of scripture in leading students.
B. Team Player
- Desire to fulfill your role in the Great Commission in a way that aligns with FBC overall vision and beliefs.
- Ability to work with a team of pastors, elders, parents, and a team of volunteer leaders.
- Engage the church in the lives of the students of FBC.
C. Education and Experience
- 4 Year college degree required, preferably in a related area (ministry, education, leadership, etc)
- 3-5 years experience in youth and college ministry
- An ability to vision and lead a ministring to a place of thriving
- Have demonstrated faithfulness and success in prior ministry positions
- Graphic design experience a plus, though not necessary
D. Be in agreement with the theological positions of First Baptist Church. These can be found at fbcslo.org/what-we-believe
Leadership and Oversight
- Develop vision and strategy for the youth college students of FBC.
- Encourage the introduction to and assimilation of all students into the life of the congregation as active participants of the FBC church family
- Recruit, train, and equip volunteer leaders to lead alongside you in the ministry to the students of FBC
- Work with the other pastors to develop strategies that support aligned growth in student and family ministries.
- Actively build relationships with students and their families.
- Consistently meet with students to provide one-on-one discipleship and help them deepen their relationship with Christ.
- Prepare and oversee the youth and college ministry budgets.
- Lead outreach events to the youth and college students of the community.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Resumes@fbcslo.org. To introduce yourself a little more to us at FBC in your cover letter please include what your main spiritual gifts are, some of the last few books you’ve read, and some of your favorite speakers to listen to. If you have any audio/video teaching please send that along also. Please no direct calls.
This is a full-time position with competitive salary, health benefits, and paid vacations.
Please do not call the church directly.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Pastor Of Junior High FamiliesCrossRoads Church
- Red Deer County, Alberta
- October 19