ABOUT CROSSROADS UNITED METHODIST CHURCH
Crossroads United Methodist Church is one of the most innovative local churches in the Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Great opportunities are present in this community as we are located in the wealthiest county in the country, home of high-tech businesses, government contracting and globally influential leaders. Our adolescents are driven, purposeful, and want to create big change in the world!
Build and nurture a dynamic 21st Century student ministry that helps Middle School and High School students live their everyday lives in the way of Jesus’ compassionate love for self and others.
- Discernment Team
- Formation Team
- Student Ministry Teams
- All Staff
Adult/Family Formation Director
STAFF REPORTING TO THE POSITION:
- 30 per week
- Hours are not eligible for telecommuting
- Requires evening, weekend meetings as well as possible overnight trips (i.e. retreats, lock ins)
- Affirm and align with the Crossroads UMC theological statement and lead others in the way of the Crossroads overall vision with authenticity and integrity.(www.everydaylifewithgod.org/media/files/1434499150studentministriesjobdescriptionad.pdf)
- Three plus years experience leading successful student ministries.
- Ability to connect with people of all ages.
- Ability to create safe places for students to open up and share their life stories.
- Ability to listen well.
- Ability to accept everyone’s journey in a non-judgmental way.
- Passion to really get to know the students.
- Ability to communicate with parents and students using all the communication tools applicable to age levels.
- Ability to relate Biblical stories to everyday life in a non-preaching way.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and motivate student and adult leaders with an ongoing positive attitude, grace and humility and a sense of joy.
- Strong team player willing to collaborate with other staff members, teams and the people of the Crossroads community.
- Dependable, responsible, self-motivated individual.
- Passion for service as a key formational pathway to becoming more and more like Jesus in everyday life.
- Ability to help students discover their call or mission for life.
- Ability to help students and adults to explore theology and have the ability to facilitate open theological dialogue.
- The ability to speak publicly in large and small gatherings including worship.
- Understand and able to interpret the Wheel of Human Development by Bill Plotkin.
- Understand and able to interpret The Stages of Faith by James Fowler.
- Understand and able to interpret the Human Centered Design Thinking process.
- Understand and able to interpret Crossroads Imagine.
- Provide spiritual support and leadership within the overall area of Student Ministry.
- Create a Student Ministries Teams made up of students and adult leaders.
- Invite adults to participate in Student Ministries as mentors and sages.
- Engage in ongoing training, equipping and empowering of teams to help lead Student Ministries.
- Continue the work of Crossroads Student Leadership program.
- Create numerous small and large groups for students to participate in.
- Participate in weekly dynamic Sunday morning Student Ministry gatherings.
- Grow Student Ministries both numerically and spiritually.
- Participate in the life and ministry of Crossroads UMC beyond Student Ministries.
- Schedule, organize and staff annual mission trips.
- Schedule, organize and staff annual retreats.
- Schedule, organize annual milestone events (i.e. 5th Grade Crossover, Graduation).
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Student Ministries Pastor - 1759MinisterSearch
- Austin Area, Texas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Student Ministries CoordinatorNewbreak Church
- San Diego, California
- January 20
Student Ministry Director - 1736MinisterSearch
- Doylestown, Pennsylvania
- January 20