Bayside Church of Placerville
Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director
Bayside Church of Placerville is searching for a full-time Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director for our exciting and growing children’s ministry. We are looking for an individual who will not only minister to the children of Bayside Church but also assist
and equip parents to disciple their children to becoming committed followers of Jesus. The Pastor/Director will have a tremendous opportunity to implement his/her vision for how the children’s ministry will help fulfill the overall mission at Bayside Church.
Bayside Church currently has a growing attendance of 70-80 nursery-5th grade students at our Sunday service. The Pastor/Director will be responsible to give oversight to the Sunday morning children’s ministry as well as to recruit, train, develop and encourage
a Sunday morning volunteer children’s ministry team. In addition to the Sunday morning ministry, the Pastor/Director will look for creative ways to reach out to children and families who do not currently attend Bayside Church (Movie Nights, Kids Camps, Sports
Also, the Pastor/Director will have the opportunity to envision and develop a family centered mid-week program with a goal to encourage spiritual growth among children as well as to equip parents to be the spiritual leaders in their home.
This position is an exciting opportunity to shape the children’s/family ministry at Bayside Church of Placerville and creatively envision how we can most effectively minister to the families in our community.
- Oversee all aspects of the children’s ministry (Nursery - 5th Grade)
- Create a children’s ministry that fulfills the overall mission of Bayside Church
- Develop age appropriate programming for our Sunday service
- Plan additional programs to reach and connect with families in Placerville and the surrounding communities
- Oversee, recruit, train and supervise all children’s ministry volunteers
- Develop a mid-week program that promotes discipleship with children and equips parents to lead families in a God honoring way
- Shepherd the children, parents and volunteers involved in the children’s ministry
- A professed commitment to Jesus Christ that is demonstrated through Christian growth and is a model of spiritual leadership and lifestyle
- Has a passion for children and families
- Effective communication skills with children and adults
- A commitment to identifying, developing and encouraging volunteers in ministry
- Organizational and leadership skills that will support the children’s ministry
- A team player who is willing to put the overall need of the church above their own
- A bachelor’s degree from a Bible school or a Christian college degree is preferable
- Previous experience with children’s ministry in a church setting
If you are interested in applying for the position, please e-mail the following information to email@example.com.
- Your resume
- A family photo
- A personal biography of your spiritual journey