- Experience in student ministry programming
1. Oversee the Greater Student Ministry.
- Plan, organize and coordinate a comprehensive student ministry to fulfill the vision of the Pastor and GMZ’s mission.
- Lead and coach student ministry leaders in embracing GMZ’s established core values.
- Establish annual goals for the student ministry and establish guidelines to measure effectiveness.
- Develop and oversee annual student ministry budget.
- Coordinate the maintenance and security of student ministry property and equipment.
- Oversee the development of the student ministry calendar.
- Research and attend conferences and seminars to improve the creativity of student and family ministry.
2. Oversee discipleship and service in the Student Ministry.
- Develop a plan to grow and mature students in their relationship with Christ.
- Oversee small groups for students and champion a relationally driven student ministry.
- Research or write curriculum materials as needed and oversee activities that disciple students.
- Provide opportunities for students to serve in our church and community.
- Recruit, train and equip a team of adult student leaders to assist with the various functions of the Student Ministry.
3. Oversee missional activity and ministry to students.
- Provide opportunities that connect Christians and pre-Christians to the Student Ministry at Greater.
- Oversee a plan for summer camps and mission trips.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with students at local schools by attending school sponsored events.
- Encourage students to express themselves via their passion whether it be music, drama, art, or missions.
- Oversee fellowship events and activities.
- Oversee Student Ministry involvement in Fatherlessness, Teen Pregnancy, and Education Causes.
4. Oversee student ministry component of family ministry.
- Work with family ministry leadership team to develop home centered family ministry model.
- Research and/or write curriculum for each grade level.
- Recruit and train facilitators for classes.
- Develop celebration ceremonies for each class.
- Work with Children’s Director to create alignment between student and children’s ministries to support families.
- Partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their families to create missional families.
- Build and maintain relationships with parents.
5. Oversee marketing of student ministry.
- Establish a strategic marketing vision to promote the student worship service and student ministry events.
- Recruit and develop a student ministry marketing team.
- Oversee the development of relationships with local radio, stations, campus newspapers and community centers.
- Oversee plans to fully utilize social media to connect with students, parents, and the community.
6. Minister to students in times of bereavement, loss, illness and incarceration.
- Communicate losses and illnesses of students and parents of students with church administrative assistant.
- Call and pray with students and student leaders.
- Attend funerals.
- Make hospital, nursing home and home visits.
- Attend special events like graduations, ceremonies.
7. Serve as a spiritual leader for the congregation.
- Lead a small group.
- Teach lessons in Greater Highway and other venues as needed.
- Preach occasionally.
8. Weekly attendance at Sunday worship services.
9. Live according to the moral qualifications of elders in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
10. Do anything else deemed necessary by the Lead Pastor.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Youth DirectorPleasant Home Community Church
- Gresham, Oregon
- September 28
English-Youth PastorMIchiana Chinese Christian Church
- Mishawaka, Indiana
- September 28
Youth Pastor/DirectorThe Bridge
- Silver Spring, Maryland
- September 27