Let’s begin with honesty. Riverwood is a small “parachute drop” church plant in a small Iowa college town of 10,000 people. We aren’t a megachurch in a metropolis – we are a mission outpost that wants to reach Iowa with the gospel. If you are looking for
full-time pay in a fancy city with Starbucks on every corner, then this is not the spot for you. But if you are a missionary-minded musician who wants to see the spiritually disconnected find and follow Jesus, then keep reading.
Riverwood Church launched Easter Sunday, 2014 in Waverly, Iowa. We’ve had the pleasure of being led by some wonderful guest worship leaders, but it’s time we had someone here on the ground helping us plant this church. We firmly believe that God has a person
(such as yourself) ready to help us impact this growing, progressive college town of 10,000 with the Gospel.
QUALIFICATIONS: You must demonstrate Jesus-centered character and servant leadership as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9, and 1 Peter 5:1-4. You must want to love Jesus more than yourself, be creative, teachable, willing to follow, able to lead, and
committed to personal spiritual growth. While we highly value excellence, we are FAR more interested in your character and ability to pastor people closer to Jesus through song and personal example.
AT A MINIMUM, WE EXPECT YOU TO:
- Lead worship in and oversee most aspects of our weekend Worship Gatherings
- Have strong musical experience, and proficiency in one or more instruments such as guitar or piano
- Be a leader who recruits musicians, develops worship teams, and raises up other worship leaders
- Participate in leadership meetings and help shape the direction of the church
- Help develop teaching series and creative elements for worship
- Lead worship team practices
- Read and write chord charts
- Be brave enough to help a church plant in a small town in Iowa
IT WOULD BE HELPFUL IF YOU HAD:
- An understanding of vocal harmony and able to teach vocal parts
- The ability to deconstruct music for inexperienced musicians
- The ability to score music charts
- Basic technical knowledge of sound system/mixing
- Your own instrument
- A sense of humor
WE’D ALSO LOVE IT IF YOU WERE:
- Open to growth and leadership in other areas (like teaching, discipling others, church planting, etc.)
- Open to helping us plant other churches around Iowa
- Interested in writing original worship songs for the Church
- A Josh Garrels fan!
PLEASE NOTE: Salary is for 20 hours/wk. Position can be FT if willing to fundraise the remainder of your salary. (Lead Pastor is currently bi-vocational.) We aren’t concerned about your age or past; we are more interested in how God wants
to use you to help us connect the spiritually disconnected with Jesus.
If you want more information about Riverwood, visit www.weareriverwood.org. If read to apply, please send your resume,
and a link to a video of you leading worship, to firstname.lastname@example.org.