Bayview Glen Church (www.bayviewglen.org) is looking for a gifted pastor who will provide leadership for its Family Ministry. This individual should have demonstrated experience and expertise in developing
a comprehensive discipleship program for children, youth, and their families to both encourage believers and to reach those who do not yet know Jesus. The individual should be a high-level leader, a skilled educator, a caring shepherd of God’s people, and
able to partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of their children.
Bayview Glen Church
Bayview Glen Church exists to glorify God, foster community, and make disciples.
Bayview Glen Church is a diverse community of Christ-followers that lives out the grace of God, serves the GTA, and reaches the ends of the earth.
Capabilities and Characteristics:
- Spiritually and emotionally mature Christian with a solid knowledge of God’s Word and a passionate desire to boldly speak the truth of the Gospel.
- A gifted servant with extensive experience and demonstrated ability to lead Family Ministries in a growing church.
- Mission-oriented, fully embracing the overall church vision, mission, and values.
- High capacity leader with demonstrated expertise in identifying, developing, equipping, and empowering emerging leaders.
- A proactive “creative strategist” and “energetic implementer” that can envision, develop, take risks, and independently execute plans with excellence yet can also function collaboratively and adapt as needed.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to oversee the creation and development of authentic, creative, and engaging programs for children and youth, owning the process of how family ministry is prepared, experienced, evaluated, and continually improved.
- A highly relational personality with emotional and intellectual intelligence who loves to sincerely engage with, connect with, and lead a diverse congregation.
- Charismatic leader with a high standard of excellence who is able to recruit, inspire, equip, and disciple other leaders to grow and mature in Christ.
- Articulate communicator with the ability to effectively relate to children and youth on a personal level.
- Healthy self, marriage, and family to weather the stress of long-term ministry.
- Teachable spirit with an approachable nature and a willingness to engage in accountability relationships.
- Confident and sharp yet exudes a humble realization that God is the one at work.