Old Bethel United Methodist Church, growing in Christ-centered and impactful urban ministries, has an immediate opening for a Contemporary Worship Director. The worship leader will have a strong and demonstrable faith in Jesus Christ, and have a passion
for worshipping the living God. Through skilled instrumental and vocal leadership, this leader will empower a worship team and congregation to deeply experience God through worship. The successful candidate would join in the worship planning process to select
and coordinate the worship experience including song selection and arrangement, audio visual aids, and elements of congregational participation. S/he would be a team player who empowers and coordinates a worship team to grow musically and spiritually as worship
leaders. S/He would intentionally plan services that open the door to multi-racial and intergenerational worship as the church continues toward this vision which is representative of their broader community. Strong organization, communication, flexibility,
and sense of humor are essential attributes.
- Strong and demonstrable faith in Jesus Christ
- Training and demonstrable skills as a vocalist and lead instrumentalist
- Experience leading worship, 1-2 years.
- High School Diploma and Associates Degree preferred
- Experiencing in cultivating, training, and empowering team members
- Reliable Transportation
- Proven relational, communication, and organizational skills
This part-time position includes 9-12 hours per week at $11-14, 000 annually. Send cover letter, resume with references and demo if available (preferably online) to firstname.lastname@example.org