Job Title: Media Services Manager
Department: Media Services
Location: Shelter Cove Community Church Modesto, Ca
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The position of Media Services Manager will manage all aspects of Media Services and provide creative direction for media communications at Shelter Cove Community Church including print, web, video, radio, graphics and advertising.
COMPETENCIES & EXPECTATIONS:
- Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a passion for the local church and the application of media services for the Glory of God.
- Active participation at Shelter Cove Community Church.
Proven track record of media production excellence (minimum 5 years industry experience a must).
- Strong understanding of available and emergent communication channels including web, social media, print, media/PR, copy writing, graphic design, video and displays. Video Production (pre/post) skills a plus.
- Strong awareness of current & emergent trends in design.
- Possess a working knowledge of media support software including the Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, ProPresenter… Coding skills a plus.
- A rich understanding of social media, its benefits, drawbacks, and strategies for its utilization to communicate effectively to our church and to the world.
- Experience overseeing website development.
- Passionate about serving the Lord and partnering with ministries to maximize opportunities to spread the gospel.
- Collaborative, diplomatic leader who works well with diverse team dynamics, and is comfortable and confident making difficult decisions while managing expectations.
- Coachable and teachable with the ability to receive feedback and make adjustments accordingly.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with the Senior Leadership Team to set direction for all communication (both internal and external) by creating and initiating communications strategies, systems, and policies.
- Act as Shelter Cove’s chief storyteller, helping leaders and members tell their particular stories using effective communication channels.
- Collaborates with ministry leaders, staff, and volunteers to plan their communications projects and major initiatives.
- Recruits and manages staff and volunteers, leading them in all phases of their duties and responsibilities.
- Establishes and maintains quality standards for branding and all church communication.
- Ensures accurate and timely communication to the church body via multiple communication channels, including weekly bulletin, church-wide emails, videos, service slides, website, social media, and other communications media.
- Manages relationships with outside vendors by overseeing agreements, contracts, and work orders.
- Prepares and oversees annual communications strategic plan, goals, and budget.
- Develops, monitors metrics and conducts research to evaluate the effectiveness of the communications strategy and initiatives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years experience.