PASTOR OF DISCIPLESHIP AND OPERATIONS
Email resumes to: email@example.com
Visit us at: acfak.org
At ACF Church, we see our jobs as a calling. We are a staff of mutually broken people who are devoted to moving ourselves and others into reconciliation with God. Our church is dedicated to being hope in dark places within our city, state and world. We believe
that life is short, the stakes are high, and it’s all about Jesus.
ACF Church is a growing gathering of the churched, un-churched and de-churched, located in Eagle River, Alaska. Eagle River is a community of 35,000 composed of many young families and military personnel who work on JBER (Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson)
which is 6 miles from ACF Church in Anchorage which has a population of over 300,000. ACF Church has grown exponentially from 35 people in 2009 to currently over 700 on a weekly basis. Our demographic is primarily people between the ages of 20 and 40 years
old with 70-80% current or ex-military and a large number of babies, children and teens.
- Have strong communication, conflict resolution skills and be relationship oriented.
- Enjoy leading and inspiring people to reach their goals and grow their skills.
- Able to inspire, coordinate and empower groups of people to gather, grow and multiply.
- Thrive in connecting people within the church and encouraging them to connect with their community.
- Delight in the organization of church and enjoy watching systems achieve their goals.
Discipleship is a process that happens in small ways during our services but in greater ways throughout the week. Our community rises and falls on the health of our groups and it’s our number one goal every Sunday to help someone find a group to be a part
of. Currently, our primary vehicle for discipleship are ACF groups. This person would take our current system and dream of new ways to help people progress on their journey toward Christ.
Our church is focused in its efforts. We don’t strive to do every ministry, but to fulfill our vision with great excellence for the sake of the Kingdom. The 2nd part of this position is to create and operate systems to help the ACF Church ministries, staff,
and office function efficiently. This means working in cooperation with the Lead Pastor to build clarity and structure within our office and organization to help turn our vision into action.
AND THIS TOO...
- Offer Pastoral care and discipleship to people within ACF Church.
- Be a disciple maker.
- Have an in depth knowledge of biblical theology.
- Be experienced with the business side of church operations.
- Have a history of healthy conflict resolution skills and relational bridge building.
- This is top tier Pastoral role. 5+ years pastoral experience is preferred.
THE CHERRY ON TOP
- You can appreciate different types of humor and can go with the flow.
- Unexpected changes bring out your superhero powers.
- Able to have a conversation, write an email, build a curriculum, teach a life lesson and smile at the same time.