Position Summary: To equip leaders and mobilize volunteers in creating environments for the Spirit of God to be experienced in authentic worship in our weekend worship services and within our student ministries.
- Weekend Worship Experiences (Approximately 60% of the position): In conjunction with our Pastor of Worship Arts, this person will be responsible to create meaningful, Spirit-led, authentic opportunities for adults to experience God; responsible
for leading all aspects of the worship service from beginning to end, including ushers, communion, and any other elements that might be used in our worship services on either of our two campuses.
- Student Ministries Worship (Approximately 40% of the position):
Responsible to create meaningful, Spirit-led, authentic opportunities for students 6th – 12th grade to experience God; responsible for leading all aspects of the worship service from beginning to end and to develop a team of leaders and
volunteers to help lead this aspect of student ministries worship together. Connecting relationally with students and student ministries leaders in meaningful ways.
- Worship Culture (in partnership with Pastor of Worship Arts): Equip leaders and volunteers who create environments where present and future worship leaders and worship team members grow and are mentored, building their skills as an artistic
community. Equip leaders and volunteers to use media and art in the worship services, including but not limited to dance, drama, video, sound, multimedia, lighting, set design, and technical elements, using as many people as possible to express their creative
giftedness within the worship service; responsible to coordinate the use of stories in the worship services. Assist in providing resources and assistance to campus pastors or ministry leaders as needed, including Alpha leaders, CCC Spanish
leaders, etc.; equip leaders and volunteers and help coordinate any strategic special event worship.
- Mentor: Create and foster a transformational context around emerging leaders involving a relationship with God Himself, relationships with the community of disciples, and challenging assignments, pressure, and a diversity of learning (Mark
3:14-15, Acts 2:42). Reproduce the DNA of Christ Community Church, including emphasis on the gospel. Intentionally raise and pour into leaders that understand the big picture and can continue in the absence of a Pastor of Worship Arts.
- Foundation: Provide for the overall health and welfare of the ministry. Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Adhere to the Evangelical Free Church Statement of Faith, the vision and values of Christ Community Church, Staff
Guidelines, and the Staff Core Values. Work to build relationships and facilitate peace. Maintain the highest level of personal integrity, exhibit self control, live a life above reproach.
- Scope: Ensure quality and continuity of worship experiences at all worship services and within our student ministries.
- Other: Other duties as assigned, including participation in worship arts, student ministries, and all-staff meetings on an ongoing basis. Also participation in an eGroup as a part of the Christ Community family.
Essential Qualities and Functions:
- Is growing in his/her personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and continually seeks to embrace the message of the gospel.
- Is able to proficiently lead worship using guitar or keys and vocal.
- Has experience in working within a multi-ethnic context, preferably Latino.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Has a solid grasp on youth culture, and preferably experience in working within a youth ministry setting.
- Is able to effectively manage details, and work with a diversity of people in a fast-paced ministry environment.
- Has proficiency in developing current and emerging leaders, and in supporting people in their spiritual growth in Christ.
- Has proficiency in working with web-based information systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Is able to read, analyze, and interpret music, and adapt it as needed for a meaningful worship experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to
50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color perception, close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
Introducing Christ Community Church:
Christ Community is a 2500-person, multi-site, Kingdom outpost called to love and serve the people of the Greeley, Colorado, area, affiliated with the Evangelical Free Church of America. Our desire is to see lives awakened and transformed spiritually as
we embrace the gospel, experience the fruit and power of the Holy Spirit, and engage in God's Kingdom mission. We believe a relationship with God through Christ brings hope, purpose, and renewal to individuals, families, our city, and our world.
Because impacting young families is vital to the spiritual future of our community, we’re committed to reaching and serving them. What we do, and how we do it also reflects this focus. We teach and model
the timeless Word of God in a relevant way, stay engaged with culture, and are connected to the fabric of our community. Our ministries for children and youth are an important way we support and serve the families of Greeley.
Worship Services: We currently have seven total services each weekend. Four identical worship services on two campuses; a Traditions worship venue, and services to the Latino and Karenni community. In our weekend worship services we teach
the scriptures in a way that is relevant and accessible. People are encouraged to respond to God's word and the work of the Holy Spirit through worship, prayer, and personal reflection utilizing a diversity of music in the vein of the Hillsongs, Bethel, and
Elevation worship culture. Most of the worship songs in our services come at the end of the service following the message rather than at the beginning. This “response orientation” comes from our conviction that the climax of our worship is connecting God personally
after we have been prompted by teaching and the word. Our worship arts ministry is led by Dan Wakefield, Pastor of Worship Arts.
Student Ministries: Our student ministries, C3 Youth, is a body of students united to live fully, love passionately, and lead courageously as lifelong followers of Jesus. Every Wednesday night we have gatherings designed to help our students
experience Jesus in a fun, relevant, life changing way, and build relationships with one another. C3 Youth is comprised of two groups: High School ( v/o/x) and Middle School (Velocity). These groups meet separately, in small groups and, sometimes in a combined
service. Our student ministries are led by Jason Holland, Pastor of Student Ministries, who also is also directly responsible for the High School ministry, and Stetson Beaman, Director of Middle School Ministries.
Introducing the Greeley Community:
Greeley is an economically healthy, growing city of 100,000 people in Northern Colorado, and part of a larger region that includes the communities of Loveland, Windsor, and Fort Collins. Greeley is a forward-looking, diverse, and family-oriented community,
with a rich history grounded in the agricultural industry. Greeley is a home the University of Northern Colorado, a large regional medical center, and many national and global companies, including many in the meat, education, medical, and energy industries.
For more information about our community, go to http://greeleygov.com and http://www.greeleyunexpected.com.
If You’re Interested in Being Considered for This Position:
To receive an Application for Employment at Christ Community Church for this position, please submit a current resume and cover letter by September 4, 2015, expressing why you believe you’re a great candidate for this position. Send this electronically
to the Worship Arts Search Team at email@example.com. Also include a link to where we can view you leading worship, and any passwords necessary to access this link.