Grantham Brethren in Christ Church (www.bic-church.org), a church of 400-500, located near Harrisburg, Pa., adjacent to the campus of Messiah College, is seeking a Business Manager. This person will report to the Senior Pastor and is the officer who processes
all church business and financial operations in alignment with the church vision statement.
Qualifications include a personal and growing relationship with Jesus, the ability to do the booking-keeping for a church, an understanding of the complications of non-profit accounting, the skill to utilize a church data base like Shelby, the wisdom to
make decisions and follow decisions made by others, and an understanding of issues related to human resource compliance. Church experience is a plus but not a requirement. Candidates should have an understanding of business principles as well as experience
in oversight of others.
Interested persons should send a resume to email@example.com.
- A personal, vital and growing relationship with Jesus.
- A degree in business or accounting, preferred.
- The ability to do the booking-keeping of a church, or similar organization.
- Understanding of the complications of non-profit accounting.
- Ability to utilize a church data base like Shelby.
- Decision-making skills and the ability to lead persons to follow decisions made.
- Understanding of issues related to Human Resource Compliance
- Working with the church treasurer.
- Maintaining the technology needed to monitor the budget.
- Monitoring contracts in coordination with the Office Manager.
- Managing church accounts and allocated funds.
- Processing and recording of day-to-day financial transactions.
- Managing an obsolescence data base.
- Implementing decisions of the Property and Facilities Commission and the Facility Team, which includes Facility Coordinator, Office Assistant, and Office Manager.
- Monitoring custodial services, facility usage requests, facility maintenance, and cleaning services.
- Coordinating of the church calendar.