Southeast is a church on a three-part mission: (1) we are a church that will start where you are; (2) we grow together as daily disciples; and (3) we love like Jesus, where we live. We are currently seeking to fill the role of Spiritual Formation Pastor,
the person who will guide this vision into becoming reality through his/her leadership of the adult-focused ministries of our church. If that description energizes you beyond your ability to explain, you might be the leader we’re looking for. The Pastor of
Spiritual Formation will lead the Spiritual Formation team of staff and ministry partners in growing disciples of Jesus through ministries of evangelism, first steps as believers, development of spiritual disciplines, clear connections to other growing believers
through small and mid-sized groups, and affinity-based ministries focused toward men, women, young adults, married couples, singles, senior adults, and others.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise (hire, train, develop, hold accountable and measure performance) the Spiritual Formation staff in their mission of growing disciples through adult-focused ministries.
- Work with leadership team, staff and ministry partners to seek out and develop new ministry opportunities that will help disciples grow through our three-part mission.
- Lead through effective teaching in large and small group environments in a variety of settings and affinity-based groups.
- Guide the team in finding ways to effectively make a big church small, through small and mid-sized groups as well as events and opportunities that help people connect and develop friendships with other believers.
- Work with other staff leaders to guide our church in developing neighboring relationships as we learn to “love like Jesus where we live.”
- Develop volunteer teams who grow through serving the needs of others together.
- Develop leaders from among growing disciples, who can then lead and develop others.
- Coordinate efforts church-wide through effective communication and teamwork with other staff leaders.
- Design and oversee the annual goals, budgets and room allocations for adult ministries.
- As part of the Ministry Team, provide pastoral care and spiritual direction for Southeast members, attenders, and seekers as needed. Perform weddings, funerals and baptisms as needed.
- Oversee development of small group curriculum, weekly Bible reading guides, and other curriculum.
- Work with creative team on promotions for adult ministries, including web site, lobby usage, and weekend service promotions of upcoming events.
- Five or more years experience in a large church setting.
- Notable experience in leading multiple ministries, staff, and volunteers.
- Budget management.
- Preaching/teaching in a variety of settings and ages.
- Skilled in leading and vision casting.
Essential Skills and Strengths:
- Strong collaboration skills with peers, direct reports, other staff, and volunteers.
- Able to manage complexity in problem-solving.
- Holds self accountable to meet commitments and able to hold others accountable to the same degree.
- Able to build effective teams that bring individual perspectives together to reach common goals.
- Able to develop and deliver communications that paint a compelling vision and strategy that will motivate others to action.
Apply at our website: