Ministry Assistant – Congregational Care & Evangelism/Senior Adults Ministry
Christ United Methodist Church of Jackson, MS, is seeking a full-time Ministry Assistant to assist our Pastor of Congregational Care & Evangelism and our Pastor of Senior Adults with administrative and ministry outreach needs.
The Ministry Assistant (MA) will offer administrative support for our evangelistic outreach ministry and will schedule and coordinate pastoral care for our members. Additionally, the MA will be responsible for planning and coordinating church events as requested
by various ministries within the church and organizations outside the church.
Daily responsibilities of planning, communication, coordination and verification require the MA to be punctual, dependable and detail oriented. In addition, functional literacy in budget preparation and oversight is required; to include cost analysis, pricing,
invoicing and spending oversight.
A qualified candidate will have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and will have demonstrable experience in working with a team to achieve objectives. Additionally, the MA will embody the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate a commitment to God’s mission in the world and in our community, with a strong focus on discipleship, stewardship and restoration of lives and communities
- Will be actively involved in disciplines that foster personal spiritual growth
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communicator, with the literary skills necessary to prepare, develop and format information to be published through various media, using clear and concise language and appropriate grammar and style
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative, budgeting, communications or similar field
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of accounting and database software (Shelby preferred)
- Experience in a church or non-profit setting
- Bachelor’s degree is required