Executive Director of Resources
Christ United Methodist Church of Jackson, MS, is seeking a full-time Executive Director of Resources to provide staff leadership, financial management, and property oversight and maintenance on behalf of our congregation.
The Executive Director of Resources (EDR) is responsible for working with staff and lay leaders in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive administrative program and for providing leadership under the direction of the Lead Pastor. This person
will also lead the church in planning, conducting, and evaluating a comprehensive plan of business operations. Direct oversight will include finance, human resources, communications, facilities, food service, and information technology operations of the church.
The EDR is responsible to the Lead Pastor for all short/mid-term financial management, long-term financial planning, and to ensure Christ United remains a fiscally sound and faithful steward of the gifts and resources God has entrusted to us. The EDR provides
oversight of the flow of cash through the church and maintains the integrity of funds, securities, and other valuable documents.
A qualified candidate will have strong leadership and organizational skills, plus experience in managing numerous staff members. Additionally, the EDR will embody the following characteristics:
- Demonstrate a commitment to God’s mission in the world and in our community, with a strong focus on discipleship, stewardship and restoration of lives and communities
- Will be actively involved in disciplines that foster personal spiritual growth
- Effective verbal and non-verbal communicator, with no reservations about speaking in front of staff, ministry groups or committees
- Management experience (previous oversight of a minimum of 10 people)
- Experience and expertise in finance and facility management (minimum of 8-10 years of experience)
- Experience in a church or non-profit setting
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Post-graduate degree is preferred