The Summit Praise Band Director
- Serves at The Summit, Aledo TX campus for St Paul Lutheran Church with two Sunday morning services having attendance ranging from 140-200.
- Reports to the Director of Worship
- Works an average of 10 hours per work week
- Serves as a member on the Worship Staff and collaborates with other members of the staff (choir & handbell directors, organist, etc.)
- Complete duties listed
Enhancing Worship through Music
- Create a Spirit filled service
- Use music as a tool to bring people closer to God.
- Seek to develop heartfelt worship among the musicians and the congregation.
- Be open to God’s leading in whatever direction these duties require.
Plan and Lead
- Lead the Praise Band to sing / play for the glory of God.
- Lead worship service at least twice monthly.
- Assist other song leaders in preparations for Sunday worship.
- Organize group (non-Sunday) rehearsals as established with worship director.
- Delegate tasks as opportunities arise.
Leading, Mentoring, Coaching Praise Band Members
- Maintain a high standard of quality while also seeking to make everyone feel valued and appreciated.
- Coordinate and ensure adequate rehearsal time for musicians and audio/visual technicians
- Assist in recruiting, integrating and developing prospective new singers and musicians.
- Seek new praise team members and strive for a rotating schedule.
- Refer prospective band members to worship director for interviews.
- Encourage musicians to grow musically and spiritually within and outside of rehearsals and services.
- Suggest praise songs to worship director
- Assess congregation’s repertoire. In other words, keeping an eye on the music that fits the congregation’s sweet spot.
- Attend Worship Staff meetings to report on Praise Team, successes, needs etc.
- Work with Worship Staff to arrange music for additional services, i.e. The Tent Service.
- Collaborate with audio, video and lighting leaders.
- Coordinate with worship director and campus pastor.
Worship Music Planning
- Work directly with worship director in planning the worship services.
- Provide feedback and review of previous services with worship director
- Review song set well enough in advance to allow proper time for making adjustments and changes.
- Schedule bandleader and musicians well enough in advance using creativity to keep a fresh environment.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17