J O B O U T L I N E
Contemporary Worship Director- Roseville Campus (part-time)
1. Baccalaureate degree. Master's degree in music and seminary education desirable.
- Experience in worship program design, music leading and implementation in a multi- style worship setting in a multiple staff church.
3. The ability to:
a. relate a philosophy of Christian music to the spiritual ministry and philosophy of ministry of Calvary Church
b. lead the contemporary worship ministry of Calvary Church (Roseville campus) and plan contemporary worship services in the collaborative context of the worship arts team
c. relate and work well with church staff and volunteers
d. exhibit versatility with a variety of styles of music and media
e. lead the contemporary worship ministry team spiritually and musically
f. lead and oversee the ministry in a way which integrates quality of music with integrity of presentation
g. recruit and train musicians to be involved in the contemporary music ministry and develop multiple worship teams for use in ministry areas other than worship services alone
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church
6. Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
The Contemporary Worship Director is responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of the Roseville campus contemporary worship services and other activities in the life of the church where contemporary music is employed.
1. Provide musical and spiritual leadership and development for the instrumental, vocal and technical elements of contemporary worship services.
2. Recruit, train and schedule instrumentalists and vocalists for contemporary worship services.
3. Lead/oversee rehearsals for instrumentalists and vocalists for contemporary worship services.
4. Lead weekly contemporary worship ministry team planning meetings, and provide decision-making for selection of music and other media.
5. Plan weekly rehearsals and service worship orders in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, worship arts team, and contemporary worship ministry team.
6. Participate in the planning and arranging of the contemporary worship service elements in a way that is thematically integrated and contributes to the other elements of the services.
7. Work through the music administrative assistant to:
Secure proper copyright clearance for music presentation;
Administer the musical elements of the service (e.g. communication with personnel, music procurement, duplication and distribution, room reservation and set-up, media creation and procurement).
8. Encourage high standards of spiritual commitment and musical excellence in participants.
9. Carry out other assignments as given by the Executive Pastor or Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Executive Pastor.
2. Relates to and coordinates with other worship arts and technical arts staff and volunteers.
3 Supervises other contemporary worship staff including interns.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Contemporary Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church
- LaGrange, Georgia
- September 23
Director of Music MinistryLiving Christ Lutheran Church
- Arlington Heights, Illinois
- September 23
The Director of MusicFirst Baptist Church
- Staunton, Virginia
- September 22
Contemporary Worship LeaderTrinity Presbyterian Church
- Southlake, Texas
- September 21
Calvary Church is a multi-site church with locations in Roseville and White Bear Township, Minnesota. We've been committed to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ for over 60 years. Now, as a church rooted in our past and looking toward the future, we are dedicated to continuing our ministry of faithfulness to Christ. More...