J O B O U T L I N E
1. Baccalaureate degree required and seminary degree desired.
- A minimum of five years of experience in leadership positions related to Christian education and/or discipleship ministry in a multiple staff setting.
- Ability to design and implement a comprehensive discipleship & education program for adults and relate discipleship to the total church ministry.
Ability to design and implement a small group program for adults and relate small groups to the total church ministry.
Ability to design and implement a gifts/ strengths/ talent discovery- based program for adults and relate understanding of one’s giftedness to volunteer service in the context of
the total church ministry.
Ability to attract and direct a diverse group of volunteers in a variety of discipleship/ small groups/ educational programs.
- Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
- Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
- Remain a church member in good standing at Calvary Church.
Provide a complete and integrated discipleship program for adults, to staff and train leaders and disciplers, and attract parishioners to be involved in related programs.
- Lead in the design, implementation, and execution of a total discipleship ministry to include one to one/ mentoring discipleship, small groups, gifts/ strengths/ talent discovery and mid-sized group/ course-based education.
- Keep discipleship visible as an integral part of ministries to adults.
- Train and recruit volunteer leaders to serve in discipleship ministries.
- Be an active discipler.
- Develop and maintain controls on all discipleship programs and activities.
- Maintain personal contact with individuals, couples, families, and programs as they pertain to discipleship ministry.
- Direct the one to one/ mentoring ministry.
- Direct the small group ministry.
- Direct the gifts/ strengths/ talent discovery-based ministry.
- Direct the adult education ministry.
- Coordinate discipleship ministries with other adult ministries of the church.
- Participate in pastoral functions as assigned by the Executive Pastor or the Senior Pastor.
1. Reports to the Executive Pastor.
2. Relates to and coordinates with other adult ministry staff and volunteers.
3. Supervises other discipleship ministry staff including interns.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.