Full Time, Exempt Position
Reports to Minister of Families
Who Are We?
We are a downtown, 100-year-old church that’s working to be a community where people from all backgrounds can share the Good News of Christ’s Love with special emphasis on: Reaching out to those outside the church, Touching those who are suffering, and Nurturing positive social change; So that more and more people can feel themselves part of the family of God.”.
Our church has seen consistent growth the last three years, especially within the children’s ministry arena.
Who We Are Looking For?
PROFESSIONALLY, the Minister to Students is a . . .
- Visionary: able to cast a vision that will engage a new generation of students and families in a life with Jesus
- Catalyst: able to initiate rapid growth and take Student Ministry to the next level
- Excitement-generator: exudes contagious enthusiasm and excitement
- Bridge-builder: values the importance of building authentic and meaningful connections between our students and the larger congregation
- Seeker: always looking for ways to invite and welcome new families and students into The Gathering community
- Relationship-builder: connects with students in authentic and meaningful ways, and equips them to be active and engaged members of the body of Christ
- Team-builder: is passionate about the recruitment, development, training, and support of those who teach and lead our students
- Encourager: encourages and supports those caring for our students
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Minister to Students will . . .
- Builds teams: accurately assesses the human resources required to provide excellent student ministry and engages lay members to fulfill those requirements
- Collaborates: participates with appropriate staff in the implementation of the church wide discipleship strategy as well as collects and reports relevant data
- Disciples: guides students as they grow in their faith and leads them to become deeply committed followers of Christ
- Equips: creates a strong foundation for equipping care-givers to assume the primary responsibility for their kid’s spiritual formation at home through regular participation in organized worship
- Connects: uses creative avenues, including social media, to connect with students throughout the week and grow student ministry
- Obtain a Ministry Mentor within the field of Youth Ministry
- Ensures safety: develops, implements, and adheres to our Safe Sanctuary policy
- Is present: maintains a visible presences among staff, within the community, at weekend worship, and special events. Presence is also required on Christmas Eve and Easter
- Provides Leadership: of evening youth group activities (middle-school through high school), is accountable to Minister to Families for carrying out the mission and vision and the discipleship process as it relates specifically to youth, specifically but not limited to: mission trips, annual trail hike through the Rockies, lock-ins, etc.
- Be aware of the latest trends and information related to this field
- Intergenerational Connections: helping youth to be interconnected to children's ministry through mentoring and facilitation as well as integrating with adults through mission ministries and special bible studies.
SUCCESS as the Minister to Students is defined by . . .
- Discipleship: students will engage in the six areas of our discipleship plan
- Growth in breadth: an ever-increasing number of students will be attending weekly worship, and participating in Youth group and special events
- Growth in depth: a growing number of students will move from casual participation to deeply devoted followers of Christ
- Growth in influence and impact: a growing number of hours which incorporate breadth and depth of connecting youth and non-churched youth with Christ.
- Volunteer development: a growing number of reliable, effective, and aligned volunteers are sustaining the ministry
- Clarity of vision: students will understand and identify with First UMC’s Vision and Mission
- Effective curriculum: the development and implementation of a curriculum and format for teaching that ensures Students are meeting learning benchmarks
- Evident outcomes: effective assessment tools provide evidence that indicates kids are meeting learning benchmarks
- Empowerment: increasing number of care-givers will report feeling better equipped to guide their kids’ spiritual formation
- Palpable excitement: there is a shared enthusiasm among adults and a felt sense of excitement among students to such an extent that students are putting church at the top of their priorities
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's & Student MinistriesFour Mile Presbyterian Church
- Beaver, Pennsylvania
- December 9
Pastor to Students and their FamiliesFirst Baptist Church
- Boerne, Texas
- December 8
Campus Student Ministry AssociateWestwood Community Church
- Minnetonka, Minnesota
- December 8
Campus Student Ministries Pastor(s)Parkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- December 8
Children's PastorChurch In The Son
- Orlando, Florida
- December 8
First United Methodist Church Jefferson City
First United Methodist Church is a welcoming community of faith that seeks to fall in love with God, to follow Christ, and to serve others. Our vision is that everyone connected to our church will grow in their commitment to belong, believe, and become a blessing in the name of Christ. More...