This 31-hour position is in a growing church in lovely Bozeman, Montana, a place filled with opportunity.
The primary purpose of this position is to establish and oversee strategies and direction for all children’s ministries—from the nursery through the fifth grade—as a spiritual and biblical leader who empowers and releases volunteer leaders for ministry.
The Director of Children’s Ministries will be responsible for the alignment of this ministry with the overall purpose, vision, values and strategies of the church. The Director of Children’s Ministry will assure that the major responsibilities of the ministry
will occur through volunteers, the Children’s Ministry Assistant, or her/his own efforts. Many of these responsibilities will therefore occur through delegation.
Aspects of the role include:
- To engage children in family ministry opportunities.
- To create worshipful activities for the younger children that captivate boys and girls into a relationship with Christ.
- To develop Bible-training classes with relevance for all ages, from nursery through fifth grade.
- To engage older children in age appropriate equipping/discipleship opportunities which are essential for developing spiritual growth and missional living (i.e. biblical character, knowledge, and skill)—the goal of these teaching opportunities is to produce
maturing children who are ready to stand on their own in the upcoming student culture.
- To engage nonchristian children with the gospel.
- To recruit and equip volunteer leaders to guide the spiritual development of the ministry’s children.
A full job description and information is available from Paul Utnage, Executive Pastor, at firstname.lastname@example.org