The Gathering Place at The Community Church of Greenwood
• Commitment to Jesus Christ in life and in service
• Adheres to the mission of CCG – “Proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him.”
• Adheres to the vision of The GP: “Transforming our community through faith and sports one person at a time”.
• An active member of the Community Church of Greenwood
• A vibrant leader among the CCG church body and staff who has a passion for connecting people to Jesus and CCG through the GP.
• A primary communicator, equipper, team builder, and strategy developer in leading CCG toward strategic engagement of the community via sports.
• Well equipped and highly-motivated for effective sports outreach
• A model of spiritually maturing discipleship as a member of CCG’s/GP’s professional support staff.
• Thorough knowledge base of the athletic culture surrounding the Community Church of Greenwood
• Thorough knowledge base of the local culture, the unchurched, the unbeliever/irreligious of our community
• Key leader in forging and nurturing collaborative relationships and strategic partnerships with local sports organizations and entities
3. Preferred Skillset
• Strong administrative skills
o Highly organized
o Proficient computer skills
Interfacing with EZ Facility data base for management of leagues and volunteers
Social Media (Twitter/Facebook, etc.)
• Strong communication skills
o Ministering to youth and adults
o Building bridges to the local sports community
o Potential interviews with the media
4. Preferred Experience
• Sports ministry background
o Developing, promoting, and managing sports leagues, camps, and events for youth and adults
o Performing ministry to High School sports programs (athletes, coaches, and AD’s)
o Collaborating with local sports institutions (through ministry/service related projects)
• Education (one or more of the following preferred but not required)
o Sports Management Degree
o Theology Degree/MDIV
o Exercise Science Degree
• Athletic involvement/background
o High school or collegiate level athlete
o High school or collegiate level coach
• Works under the direct oversight of the Executive Director,
• Works in unison with the Youth/Adult Sports Administrative Assistant and the Executive Assistant
• Collaborate The GP’s youth and adult sports programs with CCG
• Build strategic relationships with the local secular sports world
• Assist in developing effective promotion and communication strategies with Executive Director and CCG event planner.
• Ensure that brand and outreach vision strategy is communicated clearly to the community inside and outside of the church walls.
6. Program Responsibilities
• Assist the Executive Director to develop strategies to increase memberships at the GP
• Measureable, comprehensive sports outreach strategy that ultimately provides connections for “outsiders” to the church (outreach strategy)
• Development of effective spiritual decision counseling (discipleship strategy)
• Kingdom and inter-team collaboration (including strategic service projects)
• Clear, timely interaction and communication with volunteers and attendees, while ensuring that meetings, events, and processes are effective, well planned and coordinated.
7. Administrative Responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for the administration and coordination of The GP’s sport programs/events with the support of the GP staff, and the CCG event planner
• Responsible for volunteer recruitment, training, coordination and communication with the purpose of achieving both ministry and leadership effectiveness
• Oversight and responsibility for maintaining sports related data base(s) in conjunction with the Executive Administrator
• Assist the Executive Director in tracking key growth indicators (i.e. first time guests, members, converts, etc.)
• Update social media outlets regularly for current and future events to help promote and celebrate GP Sports Ministry to the public
• Develop devotionals and leaders of which to communicate them as needed for adult and youth leagues.
8. Time Commitment
• Daily schedule/hours will vary depending on the various leagues and programs. Some early mornings, late evenings, and Saturday’s required.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Next Generation in 10 Years (Next Gen in 10) PastorCentral Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 21
Executive DirectorVictory Ministries of Alaska
- Sutton, Alaska
- September 8
Youth Pastor - Texas (12116)The Shepherd's Staff
- South USA, Texas
- September 6
Associate PastorCatalyst of Austin
- Austin, Texas
- September 6
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- August 23
Community Church of Greenwood
Our mission is "to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ and live in full obedience to Him." We focus on building Biblical Community through our small groups, providing clear pathways for Spiritual Growth, and equipping our people for Engaged Outreach.More...