The main purpose of the Director of Technical Arts is to oversee and give direction to the Technical Arts Ministry of Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church (audio, visual and lighting).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and encourage all Technical Arts Ministry employees and volunteers to maintain a Christ-like servant-hood attitude and to develop their spiritual growth.
- Promote and develop a volunteer ministry for the operation of all audio, video and lighting needs of the church. Provide staff training.
- Schedule setup and operation of all media and technical equipment for all worship services, concerts, rehearsals, weddings and memorial services, and other campus-wide events (internal and outside): audio, video, computer graphics, cameras, projectors,
and theatrical lighting. Ensure the presence of trained personnel at all events.
- Manage repairs and maintenance campus-wide for all audio, video, and theatrical lighting equipment, and electronic musical instruments (with the exception of the worship center organs).
- Develop and give direction to the video ministry including live video and video projects requiring artistic direction and editing: interviews, testimonies, pod casts, commercials, etc.
- Oversee the CD/DVD ministry and maintain duplicating equipment.
- Keep an inventory and oversee security of all AV equipment. Place necessary orders to maintain sufficient supplies.
- Develop and manage the Technical Arts Ministry budget and present long-range plans for future needs.
- 5-years previous experience and training in operating, installing, and maintaining complex audio, video, and theatrical lighting systems.
- AS or BS degree in related field is desired.
- The ability to learn all church systems, including software and hardware.
- Ability to perform physical work, exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, up to 25 pounds of force frequently and negligible amount of force constantly to perform such activities as climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking,
climbing stairs, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion. Able to climb ladder.
For further information on FOPC, please visit fopc.org. An interested candidate should submit a FOPC application found online at: fopc.org/employment. Also, please submit a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com or via mail to:
Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church
ATTN: David Schottky
11427 Fair Oaks Blvd
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
Applications will be accepted until the position is officially filled.