JourneyChurch.org is seeking a Children’s Church Director. The Children's Church Director will work in conjunction with the overall vision, mission, and objectives for JourneyChurch.org. The Children's Church Director will establish goals and objectives
for elementary ministry and initiates strategies to fulfill them. The Children’s Church Director is to provide and exceptional JourneyKids experience during the weekend service through leading infants and children (ages 0-5th grade) in learning
about Jesus in worship and hands-on learning activities. This position invests and leads the JourneyKids volunteer leader teams to grow spiritually, relationally, and in ministry excellence. The Children’s Church Director must also support processes and procedures
to implement the vision, organize weekly ministry, to foster the spiritual, evangelical, and relational foundations for the families of Journey Church, through volunteer leader owned ministries. Journey Church is a reformed Acts29 network church that offers
contemporary services with approximately 800-900 in attendance every weekend.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provides leadership to JourneyKids ministry in the areas of servant leader development and strategic events. This includes: shepherding and development of volunteer coordinators, small group leadership, and teacher assistants.
- Keeps the JourneyKids ministry safe by certifying all volunteers using volunteer worker application, interviews, background check, and adhering strictly to all safety policies.
- Provides a safe, nurturing and fun atmosphere for JourenyKids and their families.
- Provides ongoing communication with families and Journey Church Staff.
- Recruits volunteers in the areas of small group coordinators, small group teachers, teacher assistants and special events.
- Provides ongoing training for all volunteers through training meetings, mentorships, and leadership through coordinators.
- Shepherds JourneyKids volunteer teams to grow spiritually, relationally, and in ministry excellence in order to foster a team atmosphere of shared passion for children and families.
- Build processes and procedures that shepherd JourneyKids families.
- Prepares and manages the budget for all JourneyKids Ministries within the parameters established by the Executive Pastor.
- Oversees the selection of all materials, curriculum, and resources for the JourneyKids Ministry to effectively communicate God’s eternal truths to children. Create and implement fresh ways to engage and teach children in various age brackets.
- Assists other ministers as necessary in the successful completion of regular worship events and special events.
- Conducts daily personal prayer and devotional studies for personal spiritual growth.
- Attends at least one regular weekly worship service and is present on the Journey Church campus during all other regular weekly worship services.
Will give supervision and leadership to 130+ JourneyKids Ministry volunteers, 60+ which are needed each weekend, focusing on 250+ JourneyKids attending each weekend.
Organize and plan volunteer schedules for all weekend services and other special events.
Communicate regularly and provide positive and constructive feedback leading volunteers to pursue excellence in ministry.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Education, Ministry, Religious Education; and two to four years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Background and experience in developing, building and retaining
Salary based on experience
Vacation (not to be taken during pick growth periods or holidays)
Background check and references required
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com