This position oversees and assumes the responsibility of Audio, Visual, Lighting and Media needs across the campus of West Park Baptist Church. This is a Christian ministry and any person holding this position will fulfill the associated responsibilities
in a personal and professional manner that provides a positive witness for Jesus Christ.
- Provide technical support (Audio, Visual, Lighting, Media) for Sunday services in all worship venues (Worship Center, HUB, Gym, Building E)
- Provide technical support for non-Sunday events such as Christmas, Christmas Eve, Easter, approved off-site events, conferences, seminars, retreats, weddings, funerals, baptisms, etc.
- Recruit, lead, train, equip and evaluate volunteer tech teams.
- Develop video production ministry.
- Direct the weekly audio/video recordings in collaboration with the communication department.
- Review the West Park (WP) church calendar and provide A/V support where needed.
- Maintain A/V systems for all rooms and venues.
- Evaluate and research audio, visual, lighting and media equipment needs in collaboration with the Worship Pastor and Technical Administrator.
- Coordinate stage setup/teardown.
- Act as staff liaison for Photography Ministry.
Status and Work Schedule
- Immediate Supervisor: Worship Pastor
- Partners with:
- Ministry leaders
- Pastoral team
- Ministry volunteers
- West Park administrative staff
- The congregation at large
- Spiritual maturity as evidenced by a commitment to Christ and the fruit of the Spirit.
- Servant heart: a gracious spirit and commitment to serving and helping others.
- Takes initiative to openly communicate with other staff members; responsive to others in their communication; resolves conflict in a biblical manner.
- Team player.
Experience, Skills and Talents
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years experience working in the industry.
- College degree preferred.
- Exposure to church work environments helpful.
Project and Organization
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and maintain composure under pressure.
- Self-starter, needing minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and suggest solutions.
- Works well with others and within a team environment.
- Ability to assume independent responsibility in working with small to medium-sized projects and work groups, most which involve working with volunteers.
- Strong computer aptitude and skill, including:
- Experience working with Windows and Mac based software.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience or strong aptitude working with media software.
- Ability to learn and effectively use new equipment, technologies and software applications.