About Damascus Road Community Church
We are a non-denominational, evangelical church in the rapidly growing suburbs of Baltimore and Washington, D.C.. Started 22 years ago, we now average 1,300 on a weekend with a much larger percentage of children than the average North American church.
We seek a mature and growing Christian and visionary leader to work with an existing staff of four experienced professionals. Will be responsible for championing and executing the discipleship of our children. The CM Director is responsible for developing a team of staff, volunteers, and volunteer team leaders to ensure that all children are taught Biblical truth and feel welcomed, known and loved by God and His church. This person oversees the training, encouraging, and mentoring of the CM teams and fosters strong connections and fellowship among them. S/he equips parents as the primary spiritual mentors of their children.
Applicants should visit www.damascus.com and scroll down to Employment Opportunities to find a job description and application. No phone calls, please.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Guided by the Executive Director, develops a vision and strategy for CM aligned with DRCC’s overall vision and strategy
- Ensures that the CM team develops relationships with parents and children who desire to grow in faith and their relationship with Jesus Christ
- Equips and educates parents for their primary role as spiritual mentors for their children
- Ensures behavioral issues are handled appropriately—includes working with parents for resolution
- Identifies, recruits, equips and releases new staff, volunteers and volunteer team leaders to embrace the CM program vision, mission and strategy
- Ensures each staff member or volunteer within the CM ministry succeeds, and that the CM team, as a whole, meets or exceeds desired results
- Ensures that CM staff embrace and honor all aspects of the DRCC Staff Covenant
- Builds an energetic team that works well together and supports other DRCC ministries.
- Plans and implements CM programs for all weekend worship services (currently two Sunday services and one Saturday service).
- Researches, reviews, purchases, implements and modifies as needed new learning curriculum for each CM program (in consultation with senior leadership)
- Develops and executes communications plan to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed of CM activities
- Holds regular meetings with CM staff, volunteers and volunteer team leaders, to ensure clear communication, share new information, ensure consistency among the teams, and address concerns
- Develops and maintains a safe, clean, nurturing child development environment within each classroom
- Maintains child check-in system operation and procedures
- Maintains CM budget and keeps supervisor abreast of any potential shortfalls
- Develops special CM events to support the discipleship mission (i.e. seasonal programs & activities, summer programs, parent and/or children classes, workshops and fellowship opportunities)
- Identifies and coordinates pastoral care needs to families whose primary contact point is CM
- Attends staff meetings and other church meetings and events as identified by supervisor
- Attends periodic off-site training and retreats
Full-time/Salaried/Exempt: This position includes weekend and some evening work
- A solid personal relationship with and a mature commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced by daily spending time with Him and His Word and observable fruit of the spirit.
- Can embrace DRCC’s Statement of Faith (see www.Damascus.com) and Staff Covenant
- Excellent communication skills—verbal and written
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, and web-based applications required. Proficiency in Planning Center and Fellowship One is a plus.
- Ability to learn software and hardware specific to CM (e.g., existing child check-in system)
- Ability to track and communicate information and metrics about CM and its mission accomplishment through goal setting and staff reporting systems
- Demonstrated understanding of databases
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage several assignments concurrently.
- Passion for and understanding of children and their spiritual development
- Knowledge of child development and learning, special event planning, training and mentoring new leaders
- Energetic, pro-active, goal-oriented, patient, kind, encouraging, and positive
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to unexpected circumstances
- Exercises good judgment, discretion, sensitivity, and especially confidentiality
- Teachable, humble and knows how and when to show empathy
- Ability to prioritize and problem-solve in a wide variety of situations
- Demonstrates history of using principles in Matthew 18 to deal with conflict
- An effective listener and able to take constructive criticism well.
- Demonstrated high emotional intelligence
- Relates well to those of all ages and levels of spiritual maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain a participative and collaborative team-oriented culture
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with people of all ages in a team setting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience leading teams in a children’s education environment (e.g., school, church, camp and youth missions). Children’s Ministry experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Children's PastorArlington Assembly
- Arlington, Washington
- October 19