Gurnee Community Church, a non-denominational Christian church, is seeking an experienced, talented leader for the position of Director of Worship & Creative Communications. The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate for this position, is a Christian grounded in the authority of the Scripture and centrality of Christ in salvation and has demonstrated the gifting and ability to effectively encourage and develop worship leaders and teams. Experience in leading worship in the local church with both traditional and contemporary styles is required as well as strong communication and organizational skills.
Position Overview: The Director of Worship & Creative Communication is responsible for the planning, development, implementation, and oversight of the use of the arts in worship and other ministries at GCC. This position in includes leadership of music ministries as well as technical arts and other practical aspects of worship experiences at GCC. It also includes the leadership of drama, video, and graphic design used not only in worship, but also in other areas of ministry and ministry communication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Development of Worship Services
- Plan all elements of Traditional and Contemporary worship services around the chosen themes for each Sunday.
- Select appropriate hymns, songs, special music, and choir anthems to fit the themes and goals for each Sunday.
- Schedule necessary worship leaders, instrumentalists, choirs, and technical arts volunteers to execute the planned services.
- Select and/or coordinate production of appropriate videos to enhance worship or promote/celebrate ministry events.
- Select scripts, recruit actors, and rehearse appropriate drama teams to enhance worship or promote ministry events.
- Responsible for oversight of the following ministry areas, including direct supervision of any ministry leaders or teams that lead these ministries:
- Chancel Care
- Technical Arts
- Worship Teams
- Graphic Design
- Be self-directed in leading with encouragement those involved with music programs in their spiritual growth as Christians, as well as in their growth as musicians.
3. Instrumentalists, Vocalists & Choirs
- Recruit, train, nurture and mentor all instrumentalists, vocalists, and worship leaders
- Direct, rehearse, instrumentalists and vocalists and assist in selection, arrangements and rehearsing of appropriate special music.
- Coordinate weekly and pre-service rehearsals with worship leaders, band members, accompanists and technical arts
- Direct and rehearse all vocal and instrumental choirs or arrange for and supervise volunteer or staff directors.
4. Creative Communication
- Recruit, train, nurture and mentor a drama team for dramatic presentations.
- Select scripts, direct, rehearse drama teams for dramatic presentation.
- Research and select appropriate video segments to enhance aspects of worship, teaching, or promotion of various ministry events.
- Coordinate production of in-house video segments when nothing is commercially available.
- Integrate the use of photography and graphic design to maximize communication effectiveness with the congregation and community.
- Cultivate branding graphics for sermon series, logos for ministry areas, graphics for print newsletter and website.
5. Other Responsibilities
- Communicate with the congregation the various opportunities for participation in activities of the Worship & Creative Communication Ministries
- Develop and propose an annual budget for Worship & Creative Communication Ministries expenses
- Manage the expenses in the Worship & Creative Communication Ministries budget within the approved annual budgeted amounts.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor
- Full Time, salaried
- 40+ hours per week
- Christian who believes in the authority of Scripture and the centrality of Christ in salvation and subscribes to the Faith statements of Gurnee Community Church
- Disciple of Jesus Christ who personifies a lifestyle reflecting Christian moral and ethical standards and has demonstrated a God-inspired love of worship.
- Bachelor’s degree in field appropriate for position.
- Strong Biblical knowledge
- Experience in leading worship, preferably in a local church context.
- Experience with both traditional and contemporary styles of worship.
- Experience in recruiting, developing and overseeing adult volunteers
- Excellent organization, communication and leadership skills
Interested parties should send resume, cover letter and personal statement to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Worship Leader/DirectorDetroit Church
- Midtown Detroit, Michigan
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Worship Ministry DirectorArvada Church of God
- Arvada, Colorado
- December 1