About The Daniel Island Fellowship
Exciting opportunity to join a church planting team in Charleston, SC! Starting in the fall of 2014, The DI Fellowship began the process of launching a pioneering church plant “to create community and culture on mission with Christ for Daniel Island, Charleston
and beyond.” With strong ties to Redeemer City to City (New York City) and Holy Trinity Brompton (London), The DI Fellowship is in the final stages of its one year launch plan and seeking a dynamic leader to spearhead its thriving children’s ministry, DIF
Kids, and outreach to the wider community.
General Description of Position
The DI Fellowship is seeking to add a part-time (or full-time) Director of Children’s Ministry (birth to 5th grade) to The DI Fellowship staff team in the summer of 2015. Responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor and other DIF staff, setting and casting the vision for DIF Kids and following through with a strategic plan and goals to achieve this vision.
- Building a staff and volunteer team for DIF Kids, and training and managing them for all age groups (birth to 5th grade) of DIF Kids.
- Building and maintaining vibrant relationships with parents and families in The DI Fellowship.
- Developing and leading events for DIF Kids and families.
- Creating all training and operations manuals for DIF Kids and overseeing all curriculum for DIF Kids.
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with health, safety and legal policies for DIF Kids.
- Loves children and has a joyful and fun demeanor.
- Humble, teachable servant leader.
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk and a passion for Jesus.
- Passion for an “ancient-future” church (i.e. an appreciation of the historic and creedal roots of the Christian faith and a fresh and sacrificial focus on living the faith anew).
- At least 3-5 years of significant experience in children's ministry or education in a leadership capacity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to attract and oversee volunteers.
- Strong proactive work ethic and organizational skills.
- Preemptive and proactive creative problem solving.
- Passion for excellence and high attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree.
General Working Hours
- 20-40 hours per week (5-7 hrs of which are on Sunday).
- Must be able to commit to being present at all Sunday services (3 Sundays off per year).
Salary, Reporting and Start Date
- Salary will be competitive.
- Reporting – The leader will be report to the Lead Pastor and work through the Executive Pastor.
- Start Date – Summer 2015.
To apply, please forward your résumé with cover letter to Karly Sorensen (email@example.com).