POSITION: Web & Social Media Director
HOURS: Full-time - 40 hours per week
(Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
DEPARTMENTS: Web & Social Media and Publications
Perform a variety of technical tasks to ensure that the ALFC websites work properly, are easy to navigate, and can be accessed quickly and by as many people as possible. Coordinate with staff and ensure information is current, accurate, informative, appropriate, and appealing. In addition, the Director manages ALFC’s social media accounts. This includes creating front-line graphics for posting, posting comments, and managing paid advertisements. The Director also assists the graphic design team in developing cutting-edge images.
- Maintain involvement and ensure websites function according to expectations.
- Monitor, improve, and update the performance of ALFC’s websites.
- Create well thought-out and well-constructed websites and manage each site in accordance with expectations.
- Produce quality, appropriate, and visually appealing graphics and provide accurate, current, and relevant information on the ALFC websites.
- Monitor and update links to other websites.
- Manage weekly media and podcast episodes.
- Manage e-commerce associated with ALFC websites.
- Develop and manage forms utilizing formulas and outside integration.
- Monitor web logs, analyze data, and produce a variety of reports.
- Manage all content associated with ALFC’s social media accounts.
- Manage content and design of ALFC’s live stream and online chat communities.
- Maintain open communication with Church Media.
- Oversee the content management system developed by Church Media.
- Coordinate with team members as it relates to their individual contribution to the websites as well as serve as an active participant in the creative process.
- Organize and prioritize assignments in a deadline-driven environment.
- Observe the marketing policies and objectives of the organization.
- Remain up-to-date with new, rapidly changing internet technologies and standards that affect the workings of the websites.
- Troubleshoot by tracing the causes of problems within the websites and social media sites and providing solutions.
- Respond to inquiries received via the websites and social media sites or direct to the appropriate departments/individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Five years’ experience in web management
- Professional experience working with Adobe products (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Excellent working knowledge of MAC Operating System
COMPETENCIES—KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Highly creative and strong communication skills
- Excellent understanding of typography, color, and design trends
- Capable of producing correspondence that meets established and standardized format, grammar, and punctuation.
- Familiar with Microsoft applications (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Proficient with various platforms, including:
- Ability to manage time and prioritize projects and assignments
- Possess self-initiative, direction and motivation
- Possess a collaborative work ethic
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Must be detail-oriented and produce a high quality of accurate work.
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to strict timelines
- Exercise sound discretion and maintain confidentiality with consistent and strict adherence to protocol in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to recognize issues that require problem solving for referral to supervisor.
- Ability to devise methods, systems, and processes required to be proactive in completion of routine and non-routine tasks and responsibilities.
- Google Analytics, Gmail, Google Drive, Stipe, PayPal, iTunes, MailChimp, Vimeo, Formstack, Squarespace, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
This type of work involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods.
Abundant Living Family Church provides all training required to ensure employee safety.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
The duties listed herein are subject to change as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, and two letters of recommendations to Andreea Harris in the Church Administration Office by Wednesday, June 24, 2015.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Early Childhood AssociateWooddale Church
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- September 23
First Baptist Church of Jackson - Preschool MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jackson, Mississippi
- September 22
Hospitality CoordinatorChristian Life Center
- Dayton, Ohio
- September 22
Antioch Christian Church - Children's PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Marion, Iowa
- September 22
BridgePoint Bible Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Houston, Texas
- September 22