Scope of Position:
The Director of Finance has the responsibility of insuring the Church’s financial operations are processed and reported accurately and with integrity. This will include but not be limited to responsibility for the oversight, management, and leadership in
the areas of finance, internal control, and auditing for the entire ministry. The successful accomplishment of this position supports the church’s ministries for their use in furthering God’s kingdom.
The Director of Finance shall report to and be accountable to the Senior Pastor, Board of Directors of the Church and shall maintain open communication and work cooperatively with the Church Administrator and staff
1. Assist in maintaining the highest possible ministry standards and professional ethics in accordance with the goals, mission and purpose statements of Higher Living Christian Church
2. Support the leadership of HLCC, contributing to the spirit of unity among the staff and congregation.
3. Church Financial Operations - Manage all financial reporting, maintaining books and records, monitoring cash position, overseeing accounts payable, coordinating annual budget process and ongoing ministry budget review, assuring compliance with all federal,
state and local tax laws, arranging and facilitating audit work, including acting as liaison for auditors, overseeing bank reconciliations, coordinating relationship with investment managers and related investment reporting, managing payroll operations, maintaining
church fixed asset records and supervise accounting staff.
4. Insurance and Benefits - Responsible for reviewing, analyzing and maintaining all facets of property insurance,
5. Donor Operations - Oversee and report on weekly giving, reviewing annual giving, producing year-end giving reports, maintaining tax-reporting requirements.
6. Reporting - Responsible for reporting to and liaising with the Senior Pastor and Board of Deacons on regular basis, including monthly meetings. Coordinate activities with the Church Administrator.
Education, Experience and Skills Required for Position:
The Director of Finance shall profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ and shall demonstrate a professional decorum, capability for problem solving, and ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
• MBA and/or CPA preferred. Minimum four-year college degree in finance/accounting, computer proficiency and database management skills, ACS experience preferable but not required.
• A minimum of five years accounting experience. Church or church related financial management experience preferred. Supervisory experience preferred.
• A strong composition of many of the following spiritual gifts: Administration, Discernment, Wisdom, Leadership, Teamwork and Service
• Strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, control and reporting methods and standards within a non-profit.
• A broad understanding of financial models and the ability to fluently discuss the impact on decisions, with a full understanding of financial institution profitability systems.
• Be able to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and maximizing overall financial performance.
• Strong business acumen in planning, finance, budgeting, management and system automation.
• Adept at building strategic working relationships.
• Strong communication and coaching skills.