MINISTRY OVERVIEW: The Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages to consistently articulate First Presbyterian's mission and vision. The Director of Communications will work closely with the Senior Staff within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan in collaboration with the Senior Staff.
- Oversee coordination, design and production of regular publications (including, but not limited to worship service bulletins, bulletin inserts, monthly newsletter, electronic newsletter, visitor and ministry brochures and posters, etc.) in a timely, accurate and presentable manner, in order to keep the congregation fully informed about pertinent events and church news.
- Researches, writes and edits information in print and electronic publications.
- Develops and coordinates a team of writers for the various communications publications.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Mentor and lead team members responsible for design, website administration, social media coordination, video production and print production.
- Oversee FPC’s Website and the related social media sites and for coordination of efforts to keep information accurate, appropriate and up-to-date. Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate.
- Serve as a consultant and provide quality control on all church communication products, including those produced within various ministries and departments of the church.
- Negotiate and coordinate the print production process with outside vendors as needed.
- Serve as the church contact for external media seeking information from or about the church and coordinate efforts to advertise church activities, functions, services and general information to the local community;
- Oversee and manage all communications related budget line items, processing check requisitions, billings and invoices in a timely manner, and prepare and submit annual budget proposals as requested.
- Assist with appropriate committees to establish Church communications policies and procedures and to assure achievement of church leadership’s operating objectives and vision.
- Coordinate other special projects and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ and His church.
- Maturity of Christian character and gifts of discernment.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies.
- A strong track record as an implementer and planner who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in some aspect of communications or equivalent experience.
- Three-to-five years in public relations or related field including management experience with people and projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with command of the English language, proper style, usage and punctuation.
- Demonstrated creativity, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal, networking and supervisory skills.
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Communications experience with a not-for-profit, church or organization.
- Patience and perseverance.
- Website development tools and other related software.
- Advanced computer skills including desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign or Microsoft Publisher).
- Experience in print media and electronic media design, development and management.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Communications DirectorEast 91st Street Christian Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21
Video ProducerCumberland Community Church
- Smyrna, Georgia
- September 20
Creative Content Writer (Contract)Private Profile
- North Charlotte / LKN, North Carolina
- September 16
First Presbyterian Church of San Antonio
FPC, a brand new member of ECO (The Evangelical Covenant Order of Presbyterians), is a body of believers who are propelled outward to make Jesus visible. You’ll discover that FPC is a community that worships, grows together in faith, and serves alongside our San Antonio neighbors in order to transform our community and the world. We have a heart for the Gospel, a love for the people of San Antonio, and an enduring legacy of mission and service.More...