Woodinville, WA itself, is right smack in the middle of the professional tech and scenic rural corridor. Woodinville reflects a blend of its agricultural roots and the technology hub of the larger Seattle & Eastside metro area that it directly feeds. As
a bedroom community sitting along the Sammamish River, it has its own distinct charm and identity. A large number of farms, equestrian facilities, walking and biking trails, renowned wineries and breweries, hundreds of acres of wooded and grass parks, and
businesses make up this town with a lively and diverse personality. It has become a destination for recreation and tourism across the Puget Sound region. It’s simply a great place to enjoy the outdoors, be a part of something culturally unique and experience
community life. Just slightly removed from the intersection of several major freeways, the town of Woodinville is right next door to the University of Washington, 4 major education institutions, Microsoft, Amazon and other innovation centers and employers.
A majority of its residents are well educated professionals of all ages. Within the immediate surrounding community, 5 to 15 miles from Woodinville, resides the larger suburban cities of Bellevue (pop 122K), Redmond (pop 57K), Kirkland (pop 84K), and Bothell
(pop 35K). Woodinville itself has a population of 11K and draws from the surrounding communities.
Woodinville Alliance is centrally situated off of the main road that runs through the valley, less than half a mile in either direction between the town center and the winery district. Our facility (50,000 sqft), sits on 7 acres of land on the Sammamish
valley floor, with the river directly behind it.
Lead Pastor Profile
As outlined in our Church and Community profile, Woodinville Alliance and its leadership team senses a very clear movement of God aimed squarely at the renewing and restoring of Woodinville and the surrounding community. We believe that God’s Spirit has positioned
us for growth. Our priority is creating and sharing an expectancy for transformation, healing and encounter with God; believing quantitative increase is a good sign of health when chasing the qualitative. Woodinville Alliance sees itself as partners on a team
with the next Lead Pastor, authentically and joyfully reaching out to and connecting with those around us. Yes, this will require a strong dose of humor and some humility too!
While we believe this “partnering” movement is beyond a building, a church brand, or an individual personality, we faithfully anticipate God bringing a leader who sees himself as one part (or member) of many in the body. This man’s vision and eagerness for
people and ministry will stem from a personal conviction of call, maturity and on--going experience with the living God. It would be evident that the Spirit has freed him to courageously and transparently communicate excitement for the Good News of God’s
loving grace deeply with others while remaining available to hear God’s voice speaking new and creative things into his own heart. Prayer will be his anchor, the Spirit his guide, and relationship his field of practice.
Our community is creative, techy, suburban and hungry for something real and hopeful to break into their lives. Our next Lead Pastor will love diversity (incomes, ages, races) and engage the culture around him with the Truth in relevant ways. He will see himself
as a servant leader.
The next Lead Pastor at Woodinville Alliance will be a gifted communicator of God’s Word and a learner himself. He will highly value both strong biblical exposition as well as practical application in his teaching. He will have a passion and ability to make
the truths of the Scripture relevant to those exploring the faith, as well as challenging devoted followers of Jesus, leading people to experience and follow Jesus. He will have received a biblical education that has prepared him for pastoral ministry, have
a clear spiritual calling to the role of Lead Pastor, and meet the biblical qualification for eldership expressed in 1 Timothy 3:1--7 and Titus 1:5--9. The next Lead Pastor at Woodinville Alliance will not only be an excellent communicator of God’s Word
but also pastor the congregation and cast inspirational and actionable vision for the future. He will possess a proven track record of developing others and have the ability to work with lay and staff leaders on the team. Developing and empowering others to
lead and flourish will be his gift to exercise, not a task.
Our desire is that candidates applying for the Lead Pastor position will self--assess and determine the degree of call and internal alignment he shares with the qualities, skills, and experience mentioned before submitting for this position.
• At least 5 years of experience as a Lead Pastor with a church of similar size or larger than Woodinville Alliance (see Full Profile for details)
• At least 3 years in other paid ministry or staff positions
• A Bachelor’s Degree (required), and a Master’s or Doctorate Degree (preferred)
• All doctrinal beliefs must be in harmony with the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination. (Our
governing articles of faith can be found at the following link: www.cmalliance.org/about/beliefs/doctrine.)
• Has pastored in suburban settings
• Can laugh at himself
• Moved to express worship
• Able to keep confidential information
• Spiritual maturity
• Able to exhort in sound doctrine
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Team player
• Conflict--resolution skills
• Is a servant by nature; eager to see the church prevail in the world
• Demonstrates spiritual foresight that anticipates the work of God
• Allows Scripture and prayer to inform their decision--making process
• Imparts vision to others using clear communication
• Can assess significant past events and their potential for impact on the present and future
• Is able to think creatively and apply ideas and concepts in new ways
• Desires accountability in fulfilling their responsibilities and meeting the needs of those they serve
• Communicates biblical truth that inspires greater obedience to the Word
• Can challenge listeners simply and practically with the truths of Scripture
• Presents the whole counsel of God for maximum life change
• Gives attention to detail and accuracy
• Is committed to consistent personal time of biblical study and reflection
Please visit Woodinville Alliance Church's website at www.wachurch.us, where you can find greater details on this opportunity and who we are by clicking on
the "Pastoral Search - Church Profile" button for a downloadable PDF.
NOTE: We ask that candidates submit materials for this position by no later than July 5.