Bethany Baptist Church
Director of Technology – Job Description
Bethany Baptist Church exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing God’s people to worship Him forever. Technology provides tools to help us accomplish our mission. The person in this position will be responsible for all technology (hardware and software) in use by Bethany Baptist Church, thereby allowing pastoral and administrative staff to focus on people and ministry.
- Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ and aligned and be enthusiastically supportive of the vision and mission of Bethany
- Be a person of high moral character, who seeks personal growth and discipleship for themselves as well as helping others grow as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Be a member or be willing to actively pursue becoming a member of Bethany Baptist Church
- Be a team player that builds up and encourages others and helps increase their joy in ministry
- Be proficient in Wordpress, proficiency in PHP is a bonus
- Be proficient in SQL report writing (or willing and able to learn)
- Be proficient in setting up and maintaining Microsoft based server
- Be proficient in Shelby Arena (or willing and able to learn), proficiency in C# is a bonus
- Be proficient in running a digital soundboard (or willing and able to learn)
- Be proficient in Audio / Visual technology (or willing and able to learn)
- Administrate Bethany’s wireless and LAN networks and servers – proficient in MS Server setup and maintenance
- Responsible for all information security and filtering
- Support all staff with all computer hardware and software needs
- Shelby ARENA Administrator & Advancer
- SQL Report Writing
- Technically maintain and advance Bethany’s sound, light and projection technologies
- Provide A/V support to ministry teams
- Edit, store, and properly distribute all sermon audio
- Research and operate desired live-streaming/web-tv options
- Technically maintain and advance the functionality and UI of www.bethanycentral.org
- Technically maintain and advance the functionality and UI of Bethany’s app
- Work with Media and Communications Director regarding website and app.
- Administrate all of Knowing Christ Radio ministry including but not limited to:
- Knowing Christ Radio website maintenance (functionality, UI, content, etc.)
- Edit, store, and properly distribute all Knowing Christ Radio audio to web/AMBOS, etc.
- Edit and mix all Knowing Christ Radio short-features, promos, etc.
- Handle Knowing Christ Radio correspondence and resource requests
- Help lead efforts to advance usage of technology at Bethany into new areas.
- Help build and lead a team of volunteers to assist with these duties.
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor or Elders or their designates
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Multi-media ManagerWest End United Methodist Church
- Nashville, Tennessee
- September 26
IT Support TechnicianNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- September 22
Technical DirectorParkview Baptist Church
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- September 22
Morning Star Church - FilmmakerVanderbloemen Search Group
- Dardenne Prairie, Missouri
- September 21