Bethany Baptist Church
Director of Media and Communications – Job Description
Bethany Baptist Church exists to glorify God by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Lord and preparing God’s people to worship Him forever. Media and Communications are critical in today’s world to help us accomplish our mission. The person in this position will
be responsible for all forms of media as well as both internal and external communications at Bethany Baptist Church so that there is consistency of message and clarity of communications.
- Be a born again believer in Jesus Christ and aligned and be enthusiastically supportive of the vision and mission of Bethany.
- Be a person of high moral character, who seeks personal growth and discipleship for themselves as well as helping others grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Be a member or be willing to actively pursue becoming a member of Bethany Baptist Church.
- Be a team player that builds up and encourages others and helps increase their joy in ministry.
- Be an excellent writer of communication pieces for print, audio and visual media
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have an artistic eye for graphic design - ability to create designs a plus
- Be proficient in programs such as Illustrator and Photoshop or willing and able to learn
- Be proficient in video editing software such as iMovie, MovieMaker or other - or willing and able to learn
- Manage and keep all content fresh and current on www.bethanycentral.org
- Oversee & keep current all aspects of Bethany’s app content
- Oversee & keep current all aspects of social media
- Oversee & keep fresh all aspects of Bethany’s graphic design and branding
- Oversee & keep current all Bethany calendars and event communications on website
- Lead Bethany’s video ministry & integrate video into all Bethany communications
- Supervise all part-time and volunteer design and publication staff
- Work with Worship Pastor to integrate selected equipping videos into pre-service loops
- Proactively keep all staff and ministry leaders accountable to communication deadlines and timetables
- Proactively provide consultative input to the pastoral and administrative team in providing clear, concise and compelling communication using print, audio and visual media
- Be the point person for communication of Bethany’s mission to the community using print, audio and visual media
- Work with pastoral leadership to advance Bethany’s communication ministries including but not limited to:
- Bethany’s weekly email
- All printed or digital communications
- Any other duties as assigned by Senior Pastor or Elders or their designates