PURPOSE: To coordinate with the Choir Director in planning, preparing, and playing the pipe organ and/or piano as Traditional worship services at Kirk of the Hills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play for Sunday services each week with a time commitment including rehearsal with choir and special music.
- Play for special services including but not limited to: Holy Week, Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas Eve services.
- Provide accompaniment for all choir rehearsals as well as for instrumental and vocal soloists and groups.
- Serve as the primary accompanist for Kirk member Memorial services. If the Organist/Pianist is not available to play, it shall be their responsibility to keep an updated substitute list and facilitate arrangements for locating a substitute player.
- First choice to play for weddings and wedding rehearsals. Additional compensation is to be arranged in advance by individuals and families requesting services.
- Supervise maintenance of the church organ, pianos and hand-bells including scheduling instrument maintenance and processing payment requests.
- The Choir Director shall coordinate the musical repertoire for vocalists and instrumentalists. The Organist/Pianist shall choose appropriate music for preludes, postludes, offertories, Communion services, etc.
- Attend Worship meetings on Mondays at 1:00 pm and any other staff meetings as required by Kirk leadership.
- Cooperate with the Choir Director, Pastors and Executive Director by performing other duties as requested.
10. Opportunity to provide private organ/piano lessons using Kirk resources.
The Organist/Pianist is directly accountable to the Choir Director.
- Must be proficient in playing both the Moller 34 rank pipe organ (1976) and the piano.
- Experience and proficiency in accompanying choir, ensembles, orchestra, etc. is essential
- College degree in organ and piano is preferred but not required
- Sight-reading proficiency is required
- Theological beliefs, policies and practices compatible with Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Church
- 30 Hours a week with benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PTO (120 hours/year)
- Professional Development (2% of salary)
- 403 B Pension Plan (eligible on 1 year anniversary)