PURPOSE: To coordinate with the Choir Director in planning, preparing, and playing the pipe organ and/or piano as Traditional worship services at Kirk of the Hills.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play for Sunday services each week with a time commitment including rehearsal with choir and special music.
- Play for special services including but not limited to: Holy Week, Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas Eve services.
- Provide accompaniment for all choir rehearsals as well as for instrumental and vocal soloists and groups.
- Serve as the primary accompanist for Kirk member Memorial services. If the Organist/Pianist is not available to play, it shall be their responsibility to keep an updated substitute list and facilitate arrangements for locating a substitute player.
- First choice to play for weddings and wedding rehearsals. Additional compensation is to be arranged in advance by individuals and families requesting services.
- Supervise maintenance of the church organ, pianos and hand-bells including scheduling instrument maintenance and processing payment requests.
- The Choir Director shall coordinate the musical repertoire for vocalists and instrumentalists. The Organist/Pianist shall choose appropriate music for preludes, postludes, offertories, Communion services, etc.
- Attend Worship meetings on Mondays at 1:00 pm and any other staff meetings as required by Kirk leadership.
- Cooperate with the Choir Director, Pastors and Executive Director by performing other duties as requested.
10. Opportunity to provide private organ/piano lessons using Kirk resources.
The Organist/Pianist is directly accountable to the Choir Director.
- Must be proficient in playing both the Moller 34 rank pipe organ (1976) and the piano.
- Experience and proficiency in accompanying choir, ensembles, orchestra, etc. is essential
- College degree in organ and piano is preferred but not required
- Sight-reading proficiency is required
- Theological beliefs, policies and practices compatible with Kirk of the Hills Presbyterian Church
- 30 Hours a week with benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- PTO (120 hours/year)
- Professional Development (2% of salary)
- 403 B Pension Plan (eligible on 1 year anniversary)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Organist/Music DirectorSt.John the Evangelist
- Abington, Pennsylvania
- October 22
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Worship LeaderClear Water Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Kirk of the Hills Church
Kirk of the Hills joined the Evangelical Presbyterian Church (EPC) domination in 2013. Our main campus was founded in 1961 and our second location will open in Jenks, OK in August of 2014. Our Mission Statement is, "Transformed by Christ to Transform the World". More...