Riverside Church is in search of a Creative Arts Pastor that will embrace and partner with our mission and vision. This individual would primarily be responsible for developing, maintaining and overseeing a relevant creative arts / tech ministry for a growing
church. This individual will build and lead the teams of volunteers that are necessary to minister to the local body through the arts. The position will work in developing, leading and producing worship services that engage the hearts of worshipers in meaningful,
Candidate must have a strong personal commitment to Jesus Christ evidenced in lifestyle, personal relationships, commitment to the church and work ethic. They must also demonstrate spiritual maturity and character consistent with the Biblical requirements
for leadership and worship and have a heart and passion for reaching the lost.
Team Facilitation: Responsible for helping recruit, train and shepherd volunteer teams to lead and / or participate in all creative arts and tech ministry areas.
Will also identify and plan for the gaps between where we currently are and where we need to go, identifying and implementing the logical "next steps”.
Staff Participation: Will participate in the general pastoral care of the congregation as directed by the Senior and Executive Pastors.
Spiritual Gifts, Education, Skills & Abilities:
- Spiritual gifts of leadership, teaching and administration / organization.
- A 4-year degree from an accredited college or university, preferably a music major/minor.
- Significant academic training in Bible and theology is strongly preferred.
- Competent at reading and arranging music as needed for teams.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the ministry focus areas of this position.
- Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
- High level working knowledge of all aspects of live production, including: audio, lighting, video, multimedia, music and staging.
- Experience in a modern musical style.
- Excellent up-front worship leader in large public setting; with advanced skill levels in vocals, guitar and keyboard with the ability to lead an effective rehearsal for both vocalists and band members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills that reach across generational barriers.
- Can both lead and thrive in a larger team-based environment.
- Ability to multi-task quickly with good decision making skills and a commitment to excellence.
Please provide any video you have to support your resume.
To learn more about Riverside and watch services online, check out www.myriversidechurch.com