Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry
Job Title: Associate Pastor of Youth Ministry (Youth Pastor)
Grove City Alliance Church, Grove City, PA
Contact Name: Rev. Paul S. Renicks
Contact Phone Number: 724-458-8497
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grove City Alliance Church is a thriving community of believers who desire to walk with other broken people to experience deeper life in Christ. Impacting the upcoming generations is one of our main core values. It is our desire to reach the coming generations with the Gospel of Christ and train them to serve Him.
The youth ministry at Grove City Alliance Church is a well-established program. Over the last 15 years it has grown from 5 students to well over 100 students. The bottom line in our ministry: “To make disciples who are passionately in love with Jesus and with others.”
The youth ministry works very closely with the vision and direction of the church. The Pastors at Grove City Alliance Church work very closely as a team. The children and youth ministry have been working in tandem for many years and we are now developing and upper umbrella of family ministry.
There are two main weekly crowd programs. Sunday night youth group for senior high students. (Average: 55) Thursday night youth group for junior high students. (Average: 30) Majorities of senior high youth are involved in small groups during the week and are led by one or two adult leaders. Junior High students are in small groups on Thursday nights. Sunday school meets on Sunday mornings at 9 a.m. in the summer and at 10 a.m. during the school year. It involves two junior high classes and one high school class with an average of 55 students.
The youth ministry works together as a team. There are over 20 adult volunteer leaders. A 28 hour a week administrative assistant for the youth ministry. A 24 hour a week youth ministry assistant.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
- Agreement with our church’s vision, goals and statement of faith
- At least a Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university (some Bible college or Seminary desired)
- Ordained or willing and able to be ordained in the Christian and Missionary Alliance
- At least five to seven years of full-time youth ministry experience in a growing youth ministry
- Experienced in managing others
- A strong walk with God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Teachable, with a desire to grow in their faith and abilities
- A self starter—highly motivated
- Has a passion for youth ministry
- Understands youth culture today
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good role model
- Team player with effective relational skills (works well with others)
- A leader of leader’s
- Able to delegate and empower individuals
- A detailed person
- A person who prays
A. Set the vision for the youth ministry with a plan to carry it out
- Create a Biblical purpose statement for the youth group that is similar to the vision and the direction of the church.
- Teach the vision and purpose statement to all volunteers, staff, and student leaders
B. Develop and lead programs according to the vision and purpose of the youth ministry
- Create outreach programs, activities and events (evangelism)
- Plan spiritual growth programs, activities and events that include opportunities for kids to worship, fellowship with each other, learn Biblical truths and apply them to their lives (spiritual growth)
- Plan programs, activities or events, developing students who want to reach out and serve others, impacting them with the love of Christ (student leadership)
- Promote the missional work God is doing locally and internationally. Creates ways for students and families to participate in God’s mission.
C. Recruit and train volunteer leaders to help you with your purpose
- Every student should know an adult who is praying, caring and investing in their lives
- Meet regularly with your volunteers and staff
- Build into your team with consistent training and equipping
- Provide annual training events or conferences for your team
D. Build and maintain relationships with kids both churched and unchurched
- Develop relationships with students and a discipling/mentoring relationship with key individuals.
- Seek out opportunities to “hang out” with kids on campus, at sports events, or in the community
E. Build and maintain quality relationships with parents
- Clearly share your vision with parents so they understand the purpose of the youth ministry
- Create avenues of consistent contact with parents (regular e-newsletters, annual parent meetings, etc.)
- Become aware of the needs of the parents
- Provide training and encouragement for parents as they shepherd and model a faith filled life in front of their children
F. Network with other youth workers in the community
- Initiate contact with other youth workers to pray for the community
- Meet regularly with other youth workers, encouraging each other, sharing ideas and experiences
- Program or attend area events with other youth ministries annually
G. Set and oversee the youth ministry budget
- Set a budget that reflects the values in your vision and purpose
- Be prudent with finances, sticking with the budget you set
H. Involve students in the ministry of the church as a whole, supporting and participating in the church’s vision, worship services, and activities
I. Attend weekly church staff meetings
- Be a model of godly living in all areas of life for teens and the church at large
- Serve as advisor to the senior pastor in the ministry in general, particularly in regard to student issues
- Assist and participate in major ministries and activities of the church
- Serve the church in other ways which fit gifts and interests
- Play a role in Sunday worship services as requested
- Attend a service for personal growth and fellowship with the body of Christ
- The Youth Pastor is responsible to the lead pastor for following the church mission and vision, fulfilling job responsibilities, and working with people in a spirit of cooperation and support.
- The Youth Pastor is to work cooperatively with other pastor team members in seeing the overall vision of the church met.
- The Youth Pastor is responsible for the oversight of all volunteers and paid staff serving in the youth department.
Training and Development
- The Youth Pastor will meet regularly with the Family Ministries Director and other staff. The Lead Pastor will provide a written annual review of the Youth Pastor’s ministry.
- Each year, the Youth Pastor will attend conferences and seminars to develop character and ministry as budgeted.
- The Youth Pastor will be encouraged to take a prayer day every month and to take one or two prayer retreats a year for deepening their relationship with God and developing vision.
Salary Range: Commensurate with youth ministry experience, recommending 5 – 7 years
Benefits include health, dental, vision. 403(b) investment account available with church match.
To apply, submit resume and any additional materials to: email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorDeer Creek Church
- Littleton, Colorado
- September 30
Youth MinisterSlingshot Group
- Fremont, California
- September 30
Student Ministries DirectorChrist Church of Orlando
- Orlando, Florida
- September 30
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- September 29
Student PastorCrosspoint Church
- Saint Louis, Missouri
- September 28
Grove City Alliance Church
We are committed to building a loving church family that is biblically sound, evangelistically passionate, ministry-focused, and radically committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior – in worship, prayer, teaching and fellowship. More...