The primary responsibilities of this position involve the leading of the 8:30 Praise and Worship service and be the Children’s Music Director under the mission of the church: Becoming Disciples of Jesus To Make a Difference. These ministries will be organized
around the church’s ministry strategy of: Connect, Learn, Grow, Serve, Give. The job responsibilities are:
• Work closely with the Senior Pastor, the Minister of Worship and Fine Arts, and the IMPACT worship leader to plan and coordinate all the worship needs and ministries of the congregation.
• Lead the 8:30 Praise and Worship service.
• Recruit/teach/direct/nurture singers and instrumentalists involved in the Praise and Worship service.
- Lead the Praise and Worship committee.
• Participate and support the vision for cohesive worship design with preachers, other music staff and worship leaders, print/media support staff for all worship styles.
- Coordinate all children’s Choirs.
• Develop and direct children’s music education using Orff instruments.
• Plan, coordinate and lead a week-long Music camp for children.
- Provide music for annual VBS.
- Provide music for Summer Fun Days
• Explore KinderMusik (or similar curriculum) for implementation at Trinity.
- Work with the Director of Children’s ministry to provide music for other areas of Children’s ministry-Worship Workshop, Sunday School, etc.
• Use educational and curriculum development experience to help shape and direct after-school musical enrichment program for pre-school and elementary-age children.
- Prepare and coordinate budget of the Praise and Worship service.
• Attend weekly staff meeting and meet with other staff to plan events.
• Submit articles to the ENTOS (church newsletter).
• Meet with the Senior Pastor weekly.
- Meet with the Director of Worship and Fine Arts and the Director of Children’s Ministry as needed.
• Attend various ministry opportunities to network with and support Trinity family members.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Attend continuing education seminars to enhance the gifts given for ministry.
- Provide training and/or coordinate training for the volunteers that are involved in all areas of ministry as it relates to this job description.