Element Church WY
Full-Time Youth Pastor
Our mission is to help people experience LIFE to its fullest in Christ!
Jesus says in:
John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
Luke 19:10 “For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost."
For us, this requires that we reach more people for Jesus and raise them up to be like Jesus.
Pastor Jeff puts it this way: “As a church, we are not here to coddle the already convinced or to cater to the consistently comfortable; we are here to help convert those who are yet to believe and challenge the stinkin’ heck out of those of us who already do.”
Our vision is to be a movement of people having such an IMPACT that if we were gone our communities would miss us.
So, as a staff member of Element Church, if we are to lead that kind of movement, our number one job duty is being willing to do whatever it takes to reach more people for Jesus and raise them to be like Jesus!
This job demands sacrifice, commitment, determination, and courage; but it will deliver, joy, satisfaction, fulfillment and reward!
If this is something you think you could be a part of, continue reading.
These are the commitments we expect of all staff employees at Element Church.
- We value the importance of building up and not tearing down. Therefore, I will speak positively about Element Church, other churches and those who attend them.?(John 13:34-35; Ephesians 4:3; Colossians 3:14-15; Colossians 4:5-6; 1 Thes. 5:9-11)
- We value the Biblical practice of conflict resolution. Therefore, if I have a complaint or disagree with something in the church, I will go to that person involved or the leadership of the church and not to those around me. (Matt. 5:21-26; Ephesians 4:25-27)
- We value the regular gathering of believers in the local church for worship. Therefore, I will lead by example and attend Element Church every Sunday I am available. (If you are a salaried staff person you are expected to be there EVERY Sunday outside of paid vacation or other excused absences by the Lead Pastor.)?(Hebrews 10:23-24)
- We value the importance of not being a stumbling block to those around us who may be watching. Therefore, we will abstain from the use of alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, and pre-marital or extra-marital sexual activity, and any illegal substance. I will abstain from the use of foul language. I will also be modest in dress, appearance and entertainment choices. (Romans 14:14-23; ?1 Timothy 3:1-10)
- We value the blessing of following the biblical principle of tithing. Therefore, I will give the 10% God has asked me to give to my Element Church and anything above as my offering. (Malachi 3:8-11; Matthew 23:23-24)
- We value the place of God’s Spirit in our daily lives. Therefore, I will spend quality personal time with God each day through the reading of the Bible and through prayer. (Psalm 119:9-11; Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16; Luke 18:1; Luke 21:36; Ephesians 6:18; Colossians 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17)
Staff Core Values
Obedience is our success: Our success will not be determined by outcome but by our obedience to God.
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by setting the standard high in our spiritual lives (both public and private) and by living within accountability. We want to be above reproach.
- We will intentionally keep on the forefront; it’s not about meeting all our goals but about staying faithful to our God.
- We will make ourselves vulnerable by taking risks based on the voice of God.
If Only for the ONE: We do what we do for the glory of HIM alone and to reach out to THEM alone.
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by shining a floodlight on God; always pointing EVERYTHING we do to the ONE we do it for.
- We will purposely allocate more resources to reaching the lost than we do to comforting the found.
- We will be intentional about seeing EACH person we meet as the ONLY person to serve. Each staff member should be investing and speaking into the life of at least one person to help lead them TO Christ or grow them IN Christ.
Lead the way in Generosity: We serve a radically generous God so we will be radically generous people.
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by not only being committed to the tithe, but also being sacrificial in our giving to the church. If we want people to bleed then we need to hemorrhage.
- We will look for ways to bless other people with our time, talents and treasure, being both joyful and sacrificial in our generosity.
- We will take seriously the responsibility of stewarding God’s resources in a way that glorifies Him and positions our church to be generous.
A Place to call Home: We will love people for who they are so we can lead them to where they need to be.
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by treating each person the same regardless of their appearance, background or belief system.
- We will put our own families first, being the best spouse, father, mother, and leader we can be, so we can lead others to do the same.
- We will defend each other on staff and each person in our church as if they are a part of our own family. Family comes first, and we will fight the enemy WITH our family and fight FOR our family!
It Matters… : No matter what you do IN the church
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by never being above any responsibility in the church, always willing to be servant leaders; so as to model Christ centered leadership. We will not ask a volunteer to do, what we ourselves aren’t willing to do.
- We will be FOR other ministries in the church (i.e. their budget, building use, platform time, leaders, etc.), believing that the overall mission and vision is greater than any one ministry in it.
- We will constantly be encouraging and affirming to our volunteers, reminding them that what they do matters! We will help them see how their service connects to the mission of the church.
Honor in all things: We will honor God and honor people with everything we do.
- As a staff, we will demonstrate this value by being on time, prepared, and ready for every meeting, event, appointment or worship service to show that we honor people’s time.
- We will seek excellence in everything we do, understanding that God gave His best to us, so He deserves our best in return.
- We will work hard to stay in shape physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially and relationally so we can give God and His people our best!
- Ministry degree (Bachelors or higher) from a four-year college.
- Previous experience as a Student Ministry, Youth, or Children’s pastor is preferred.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must be willing to abide by our employee code of conduct and personal standards for living.
- Must be willing to become a Member of Element Church and complete our Leadership Class upon hiring.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Primary spiritual leader for Element Church Youth Ministry for 6-12th grade students (currently called Fusion)
- Seek God’s vision for Youth Ministry and effectively communicate that vision to staff, leaders, students, and families. Be the champion of the vision.
- Oversee an annual budget, plan comprehensive personal and ministry goals, and operate a vibrant youth ministry in our community.
- Cultivate an environment where new students of all ages come to faith in Jesus and existing students are developed as followers of Jesus.
- Spearhead recruiting, developing, and organizing a worship team for student gatherings (currently held on Wednesday evenings).
- Prepare for, and effectively teach students using a combination of self-prepared sermons and or pre-prepared curriculum resources.
- Establish a multi-year teaching plan and education philosophy for youth ministry.
- Prepare and equip small group leaders to effectively minister to their designated groups of students.
- Lead the way, along with small group leaders, in connecting with students outside of Wednesday gathering at various school and sporting events where possible.
- Initiate and sustain communication with parents of students of all ages.
- Equip the volunteer team with the tools necessary to accomplish department goals.
- Continually train volunteer leaders on effectively reaching and ministering to students.
- Continually evaluate leaders to determine their effectiveness and course of action.
- Recruit new members to the Student Ministry leadership team to grow the ministry.
- Screen and place new leaders into their most effective positions.
- Identify areas of the ministry that can be run and developed by volunteer leaders.
- Equip and release leaders to do those ministry functions.
- Cultivate an environment where students can serve in Element Church ministries.
- Cultivate an environment where students are encouraged to participate in Sunday services as well as be actively involved serving the church on Sundays.
- Create large platforms for students to build relationships with other students, other leaders, and the Lord.
- Identify successful forms of community and weed out unsuccessful forms of community.
- Enable leaders to create smaller community platforms outside of Wednesday youth gatherings where ministry can take place.
- Create environments where Students are being developed into the image of Christ both here and outside the walls of the church.
- Connecting with students and their families that are a part of Fusion Student Ministries (current youth ministry for 6-12th grade).
- Seek out students who are attending Sunday Morning and have yet to attend on Wednesday Night Fusion.
- Seek out possible adult volunteers for Element Student Ministries.
- Strategize about ways to connect with students on Sunday through worship or serving.
- Regular participation in the Sunday morning worship production as a communicator.
- Conduct weddings and funerals as needed, providing appropriate preparation and support.
- Assisting as needed with preaching at the request of the Lead Pastor.
- Attend all required staff meetings.
- Compassionately care for your volunteer team and students during significant life events.
- Maintain God ordained priorities in your life by putting Jesus Christ first, your spouse second, your children third and the ministry fourth.
- Give at least 10% of your income to the vision of Element Church.
- Be loyal to the vision and staff of Element Church and always protect the unity of the church.
- Invest and invite the lost to know Jesus and come to Element Church.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying please attach a video of you speaking or communicating.
What we believe
We believe the Bible is the verbally inspired Word of God and without mistakes as originally written. It is the complete revelation of His will for salvation and the only unfailing rule of faith and practice for the Christian life.
We believe in one God who is creator of all things. He exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit, and these three are of equal dignity and power.
We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ as fully God and fully man; His miraculous conception; virgin birth; sinless life; substitutionary death on the cross; resurrection of His body; ascension to the right hand of God the Father; and His imminent return.
We believe in the Holy Spirit as proceeding from and is one Being with the Father and the Son who: convicts the world of sin; leads men to the Gospel and into fellowship with God; He comforts, encourages, sustains, empowers, sanctifies and guides each believer into all truth.
We believe that man was created BY and made FOR God; that through Adams initial disobedience man has inherited a sinful nature that leads to acts of disobedience. These acts result in spiritual death as a consequence; and that, because of this separation, man is in need of divine intervention and salvation.
We believe the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins and that all who believe in Him are declared righteous because of His sacrificial and substitutionary death and are, therefore, in right relationship with God.
We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who indwells all believers thus enabling and empowering them to live their new life in Christ. That God is able and does fill entirely the heart of the believer who seeks the fullness of His Holy Spirit. This deeper work of grace called entire sanctification, is conditioned upon full surrender and faith. It involves both a cleansing of the Christian’s heart from the inherited inclination to sin and the infilling of the Holy Spirit. It results in a new power to love God with our whole heart and our neighbors as ourselves.
We believe that good works themselves do not save us, but are the necessary fruits of the new birth and therefore serve as evidence that we are converted just as a tree is discerned by its fruit. That the believer is secure in Christ as long as obedience and faith are maintained. It is possible to depart from grace and fall into sin, and if one remains in this state, to be finally lost. However, by the grace of God and through repentance and faith, the backslider can be restored to righteousness and true holiness.
We believe that prayer is the lifeline between man and God. Prayer sustains everything we do; it unifies our minds with the Father, reveals the will of the Son and strengthens our inner soul through the work of the Holy Spirit.
We believe in the sacrament of water baptism for those who come to know Christ and intend to follow Him.
We believe in the sacrament of Holy Communion (Lord’s Supper) as directed by Christ. We do not require membership for communion but to hold to the Scriptural teaching that one who partakes is to believe in Jesus as Savior and intend to follow Him.
We believe in the bodily resurrection of everyone who has lived, an everlasting blessedness and reward in Heaven for those who have received forgiveness and continue in a right relationship with God, and an everlasting punishment in Hell for those who have rejected God’s forgiveness or cease to walk in relationship with Him.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20