Position Title: Finance and Human Resources Manager
Classification: Salaried, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Work Week: Sunday - Thursday
The Finance & HR Manager is responsible for:
- Responsible for the oversight and administration of the budget and finances; oversight and administration of practices, policies and procedures both external and internal.
- Responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the Human Resources function at Mountain Park Community Church, providing leadership in staffing, employee relations, compensation and benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Budgeting and Finance - Works with the Operations Pastor and Finance Committee to oversee the church’s finances, including the following.
2. Establishes priorities as defined by the Operations Pastor.
3. Gathers information from Accountant and Ministry leaders and develops the annual budget.
4. Preparation and presentation of quarterly budget reports to Finance Committee and Board of Servant Leaders.
5. Preparation and presentation of weekly forecasting reports.
6. Manage Finance staff.
7. Holds pastoral staff accountable in all budgetary matters by holding regular budget performance reviews, and by reviewing exceptions to budgets and granting approval where necessary according to the established guidelines:
8. Provides leadership in Human Resources activities at MPCC, including staffing, employee relations, compensation, benefits and training.
9. Coaches and works closely with church staff to ensure alignment of MPCC’s mission, values, policies and legal compliance.
10. Assistance with property related projects as directed by the Operations Pastor.
11. Available to work Sunday - Thursday.
12. Learn and work with databases and systems as needed (Email, calendar, Community Church Builder, Shelby Financials Online, MortarStone, mpforms.org, etc.).
1. Education Required: Bachelor’s degree, Master's preferred
2. Essential Experience: Minimum three years experience in operations, finance, human resources or related field.
3. Essential Qualities:
a) Commitment to MPCC mission, values and leadership
b) Align with the MPCC personality of Safe yet Dangerous, Fun yet Intentional, Confident yet Humble
c) Spiritually Mature Christian with consistent track record of Christ-like behavior
d) A self- starter who has a strong work ethic
e) Enthusiasm and joy – a naturally “bright” face and smile
f) Emotional and relational intelligence
g) Effective in verbal and written communication
h) Someone who models/desires healthy biblical relationships
1. Additional projects and responsibilities may be necessary as requested by the Operations Pastor.
2. Job descriptions at MPCC are fluid - meaning this job description represents the minimum expectations when it comes to tasks and areas you may be working in. The reality is that we work as a team and there are numerous other tasks that will require the
participation of the person holding this position.
Interested applicants go to http://www.mountainpark.org/about/job-opportunities/ and submit an employment application along with their resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.