To lead and coordinate a multi-faceted youth ministry to students in 6th through 12th grades to help our congregation fulfill our vision to
Know Christ, Grow Faith and Go Witness.
- Live a life in agreement with the Dayton United Methodist Church Leadership covenant.
- Actively lead, coach and mentor youth through life’s journey to help them establish and maintain an intimate, ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ. (Know)
- Provide a step-by-step discipleship pathway for youth and young adults to learn God’s plan for their lives. Coach and help implement that plan by providing constant positive reinforcement through Biblical teaching. (Grow)
- Engage in at least one youth outreach event per quarter, focusing on winning new souls for the Kingdom through witnessing to the lost and broken throughout our community. (Go)
- Attend and participate in weekly Staff Meetings of the DUMC Staff.
- Attend and report to the monthly meetings of the Administrative Council.
- Attend regular worship services at Dayton UMC, as well as special services.
- Assist the Lead Pastor, as needed, by serving Communion, providing altar counseling, preaching occasionally and conducting weddings and funerals, counseling and hospital visitation.
Required Education and Experience
(In some cases, experience can substitute for education)
- Committed Christian with the same basic philosophy of ministry and theology as the Dayton United Methodist Church.
- BA in a relevant field is required.
- Experience in youth ministry through internships or Youth Pastor/Director position required.
- Strong people skills and a team player.
- A servant’s heart for ministry and a deep desire to see people come to Christ and grow in faith.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all, particularly middle and high school youth.
- Thorough working knowledge of and ability to present the Gospel to youth
- Ability to disciple/mentor youth.
Ability to conduct all financial, personal and church matters with confidentiality.